Passed

AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
I passed the 640-801. For preparation i have been using sybex study guide by Todd(4th ed), Cisco Academy Curriculum, remote labs from NETLab, Techexams and subnetting in my head while walking.
Thanks to Webmaster for the great site and all you professionals who are always willing to clear things up and offer advice.

Cheers
Hard times on planet earth.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats :D
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    Congrats mate!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    Alien wrote:
    I passed the 640-801. For preparation i have been using sybex study guide by Todd(4th ed), Cisco Academy Curriculum, remote labs from NETLab, Techexams and subnetting in my head while walking.
    Thanks to Webmaster for the great site and all you professionals who are always willing to clear things up and offer advice.

Cheers

great Job :)

I wonder if u used any special technique for VLSM... i am really in need of some easy method for VLSM .. I will sit for ICND in a week
    :santa:
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Thanks to everyone.
    Sorry for the late reply, i had to celebrate and as for the question i don't have any techniques other than capturing the concepts. Once you understand subnetting VLSM should be easy.
    Say you have a single class C IP address. You can use a 30bits subnet mask for the WAN connections since it only allows 2 valid host addresses and a 28 bit subnet mask for a network requiring 14 hosts etc.
    The idea is to avoid wasting address spaces like using a 26bit mask(62 hosts) on the routers WAN interfaces. This means only 2 address will be used and 60 will go down the drain.
    I hope that clears it up a little otherwise i recomend you go over Todd Lammle's chapter on IP addressing. He has better techniques icon_wink.gif

Cheers and goodluck!
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    Alien wrote:
    Thanks to everyone.
    Sorry for the late reply, i had to celebrate and as for the question i don't have any techniques other than capturing the concepts. Once you understand subnetting VLSM should be easy.
    Say you have a single class C IP address. You can use a 30bits subnet mask for the WAN connections since it only allows 2 valid host addresses and a 28 bit subnet mask for a network requiring 14 hosts etc.
    The idea is to avoid wasting address spaces like using a 26bit mask(62 hosts) on the routers WAN interfaces. This means only 2 address will be used and 60 will go down the drain.
    I hope that clears it up a little otherwise i recomend you go over Todd Lammle's chapter on IP addressing. He has better techniques icon_wink.gif

Cheers and goodluck!

thanks for the tip.... I used CCNA intro book for my Intro which made my life easier ...... I have no probs in subnetting at all.. but when it comes to a big VLSM question in the exam i get stuck... but i will practice and practice and practice and practice and hope i will get VLSM buried before the exam.....(1 weeks time)

Thanks for ur help :)
    :santa:
  • dshevnockdshevnock Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□