When to use 9.@

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
Okay we just finished upgrading from call manager 4.2 to call manage 8.0 last night after a hell of a month. Now I'm going to go through and try and fix all the mundane little annoying crap that exists. One of which is that the majority of our sites seem to rely on the 9.@ route pattern. This should enlist the default North American Dial Plan and allow calls, but it feels like I'm cheating. Is it worth changing this to the specific requirements for call routing, or is it like auto-qos where I should only tweak it if a circumstance requires?
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    We dont use the 9@ in any of our setups. It just causes to many problem cause you have to give everybody access to it. We have the local, LD and International partitions and if you use a 9@ it gives everybody access and you have to add filters to block things you don't want people calling. Then you still have inter digit time out to worry about. 9@ overlaps with everything for external calls.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well now I'm sold, thanks!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Also lets say you do decide to block number you will now have to have mulitple 9@ route pattens for places u want to block this gets nasty quick. The 9@ has over 100 odd patterns to match.

use the 9.[2-9]XXXXXXX and the 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX, and 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX for calls its much easier to see what pattern outside numbers are suppose to hit and further on down the route list and route groups for eaiser T/S.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Also lets say you do decide to block number you will now have to have mulitple 9@ route pattens for places u want to block this gets nasty quick. The 9@ has over 100 odd patterns to match.

use the 9.[2-9]XXXXXXX and the 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX, and 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX for calls its much easier to see what pattern outside numbers are suppose to hit and further on down the route list and route groups for eaiser T/S.

Yeah I knew the benefits and what you could do with custom route patterns but I didn't know exactly why not to use 9.@ instead (it was done by contractors, I thought MAYBE they had a reason other than lazy... guess not), thanks for the information! I'm going to make this voice network mine and I'm going to make it perfect. Muahahah.

I'm not sure why that required an evil laugh.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    was just reading up on the 9.@ pattern and i think it has like 126 different route possibilities lol... forget that!