Options

Cisco Unity 7

SamuelazSamuelaz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm trying to get ready for CIPT1. I have CUCM7 installed on VMware and wanted to pair it with Unity7 for messaging and also for completion's sake. Has anyone been able to get ahold of a copy of Unity for study/lab purposes? I was told at a cisco forum that one can order a fully functional demo copy from Cisco code-named UNITY7-DEMO-K9 but so far no luck in getting in.
Any suggestions? I only have regular Cisco account credential and one can't get too far with that.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Samuelaz wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to get ready for CIPT1. I have CUCM7 installed on VMware and wanted to pair it with Unity7 for messaging and also for completion's sake. Has anyone been able to get ahold of a copy of Unity for study/lab purposes? I was told at a cisco forum that one can order a fully functional demo copy from Cisco code-named UNITY7-DEMO-K9 but so far no luck in getting in.
    Any suggestions? I only have regular Cisco account credential and one can't get too far with that.

You won't need it for CIPT 1. All you will do is build voice-mail ports. Yeah I know it can get a little more detailed than that, but as long as you have call manager up and running you will be fine.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you have the CUCM7 CD you can use the same media to create a Cisco Unity Connection appliance and integrate it with CUCM. It’s a little different but the concepts and troubleshooting approach is all the same. The demo license is plenty as well. I would definitely recommend putting in a little extra time since in the real world you’re probably not going to run into a Call Manager that isn’t integrated with Cisco Unity/Unity Connection voicemail.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    SamuelazSamuelaz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I got to see that at the countless times I tried installing CM7 before succeeding, but wanted to give it a try to Unity 7 first to merge it w/ Exchange but it seems hard to get a copy for this lab without giving Cisco a mound of cash.