Passed MCDST Certified

Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
I passed 271 today. I must admit that the test was not that easy. I prepared using the MS Press books, that I think again was not that good at all. They really did not prepare for the exam. And used Measure Up testing questions. Things to review for 271 -- >

DNS
DHCP
Processing
Performance
RIS

I am now MCDST certified. Now time to prepare for 70-270!!
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Great job!!
    Knowledge is life
  • ynajiynaji Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings:

I hope all is well. Congratulation, I am new in the fields and I am taking MCDST Class. I would like to know which material were helpful for you to pass the test.

Please provide feedback

Thanks

Jason Naji
    NTA
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    nice work :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats! I found the exam to be similar to your review, a bit more than I expected, but not impossible. Good Luck w/ 270!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats...
    What next?
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I too think that the exam is not a cake walk. I was unprepared for the 272 exam, but passed barely. I buckled down and studied for 271 and it was a bit of a challenge.

Good luck on your next endeavor.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Thanks all for your response. I prepared using MS Press books for both exams. I recommend you seek additional resources to study for this test. For the most part experience helped greatly. After taking these 2 exams, I think I can go right in and take te 270. But I am going to study for about 2 more weeks.

Did anyone find these exams similar or harder than 270.
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    You should take the 270 exam now, you should have all the necessary materials. Focus on Group policy, Remote Installation, Sysprep, Unattend installs, software deployment, Remote Access, ICS, ICF, different kinds of backups, disks, share & ntfs permissions.

The only difference in this exam is that you need to know XP in a corporate environment so do even think about the mcdst exam material it will confuse you.

You should do well.
    What next?
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    Chivalry1 wrote:
    I passed 271 today. I must admit that the test was not that easy. I prepared using the MS Press books, that I think again was not that good at all. They really did not prepare for the exam. And used Measure Up testing questions. Things to review for 271 -- >

DNS
    DHCP
    Processing
    Performance
    RIS

I am now MCDST certified. Now time to prepare for 70-270!!

Im using the measureup question heavily to prepare for the exam as well as lots of previous experience. Were the questions anything like the exam? Are they a good preparation?

Thanks
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    The measureup questions were not that helpful. Lots of studying is necessary.