A little advice...

I bought my voucher but I haven't actually scheduled my test yet. I am hoping for the middle to end of this week. I already checked with prometric in my area and I'm good for this entire month as far as seat availability.

I bought one of those second shot vouchers for an extra 10 bucks (Hell of a deal) I am wondering if I should just finish reading this book(MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft® Windows 7, Configuring by Don Poulton)and sit for the test immediately. I have a second shot so i can see how good/bad this book actually is and I can see how the test actually is.

On another note as it pertains to this topic, I am also using Train Signal and only have 3 videos left to watch and I review with Professor Messer's videos.

What do you guys think?
[CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Done any labbing? I'd focus on deployment labs mostly. Are you taking the exam just to get a feel for it, then going back (if needed with your 2nd shot) to pass it?
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    question: do you have any of the other 70-64x certs needed for MCITP:EA or experience with a server environment? i hear people say to get the AD and Server certs before attempting the 70-680 so just wondering.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    ehnde wrote: »
    Done any labbing? I'd focus on deployment labs mostly. Are you taking the exam just to get a feel for it, then going back (if needed with your 2nd shot) to pass it?

Yes i have done labs with Technet virtual labs, and also with my laptop. I studied for this exam a few months ago but with the birth of my son and other factors, I stopped working on it. My biggest issue at this moment is just memorizing commands and what they do. I have a good handle on the different tools, what they do and don't do, and where to use them. I have used windows 7 for a few months shy of 1 year and have serviced it in the field. I would more so like to pass on the first shot to keep up with a personal goal i set for myself but decided to get the second shot as a little insurance if I jump the gun.

question: do you have any of the other 70-64x certs needed for MCITP:EA or experience with a server environment? i hear people say to get the AD and Server certs before attempting the 70-680 so just wondering.

I don't have any 64x certs. I honestly don't intend to get them unless life takes a turn(as it usually does) and I need them. I am no stranger to server 2k8R2 though, as I have used it when I studied for this exam in the pass.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would finish up with the videos and review, then take the exam. You might find that little nugget of information, which may help with the exam questions.