Failed 70-643

Well sat this one today and failed with 651. Just off and it was the Terminal Server bar that was slightly low causing me to fail.

All other 3 bars were above normal. Time to review TS section and others using the LabSim again and tests. Also use the MasureUp CD as well as other review material.

I can nail this next time around for sure as the material I know just need to ensure. icon_cool.gif
VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
MCITP: EA, VA, SA
VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON

Comments

• LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Bad luck, it sure is a toughie.

As has been mentioned here at TE before there is a strong suspicion that the IIS and RDS questions are more heavily weighted with points than some other parts of the exam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. This seems like a tough exam.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's not an easy exam, I think you failed by one or two questions so you will do better next time for sure. Focus on your weak points but don't forget about others as well. did you reschedule already ?
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    I haven't rescheduled just yet but will come the new year. I will be doing it mid January after my review.

I noticed that the IIS and RDS had a ton more questions than anything else on this one.

I did pretty good on the IIS but it was RDS that was slightly low. I will review both and everything else again to ensure a pass this time!! icon_twisted.gif

I had read 3 different materials - MS Press, LabSim Review Notes and Transcender Study Guide as well as doing MeasureUp and LabSim tests. I know the material but will ensure everything is in place.

Might try the 30 day Transcender or SelfTest online questions as well.

Will keep everyone posted. It is off to 647 after this one.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    Rescheduled for Saturday the 8th. icon_thumright.gif

Going to nail this sucker this time. Been reviewing RDS and IIS most but including other topics as well to not get stale on them.

Will post results after this Saturday.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
  • ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, let us know if the Beta question period is over ...

I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit before I take this one because I don't feel like sitting through extra questions that won't be counted just to help out MS.
    Well wrote today after a very thorough review using MS Press, Transcender, MegaGuide ($4) and then MeasureUp questions.

I knew I knew the stuff and there were similar questions from the last time I wrote.

Scored 1000/1000 icon_cool.gif

Love it and on to the 647 for EA now. That is it.

Until the next round for EMA 2010 and BlackBerry certs. icon_lol.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    wow that's very impressive, I think it's the first time that I see someone here scores full marks. Congratulations.
    za3bour wrote: »
    wow that's very impressive, I think it's the first time that I see someone here scores full marks. Congratulations.

Thanks. I knew the material the first time as well but some things tripped me up. I did a hard 2 week review every night for about 3 hours including the weekend.

Paid off. Now on to 647 to complete the EA. :D
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
  • marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, I agree with Za3bour, very impressive, congrats!!

I'm sitting this exam on the 24th of Jan, I'm finding it really hard to revise as its summer here in New Zealand and I'm getting married in a month, so I've got a lot going on.

That said I've put two months of study into this and want to sit the exam while the topics are fresh in my mind.

I wanted to ask if you'd recommend the Mega Guide as a revision document, I've got my own notes (around 90 pages), I've been using CBT Nuggets, MS Press and TestOut as my main training sources and used these to create my notes. Does the Mega Guide cover the R2 updates?

Can you offer any more insight into this exam, would you recommend focusing on IIS and RDS?
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! nice score.
    marcels wrote: »
    I wanted to ask if you'd recommend the Mega Guide as a revision document, I've got my own notes (around 90 pages), I've been using CBT Nuggets, MS Press and TestOut as my main training sources and used these to create my notes. Does the Mega Guide cover the R2 updates?

Can you offer any more insight into this exam, would you recommend focusing on IIS and RDS?

I havn't used the Mega guide so I can't comment on them however I recommend focusing on IIS and RDS I was heavily tested on them but you will find other questions as well from other areas so I would focus on every thing especially the ones you're not heavily experienced on.

70-643 is a tricky exam and many here have failed it so give it the max you can in terms of study/prepare and lab when possible
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    wow nice comeback, congrats icon_thumright.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Za3bour, I was thinking along those lines, cover everything but keep IIS and RDS at the top of the review list.

I got a copy of the Mega Guide for 70-643 and 70-747. I'm half way through reading the 70-643 guide.

I think it's a good cram source, it will help to keep key points fresh in my mind. It's also a quick and easy read. Unfortunately there is no R2 or updated topics (SharePoint Foundation 2010, RDS, RemoteFX etc) but its still a very solid guide.
  • alvarovzlaalvarovzla Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took it today and failed 671/1000. Is there anyone that knows where to find the materials with the 2008 R2 stuff?

If I cannot find it I guess I'll wait and in the meantime will work on getting ITIL v3 foundations out of the way

Thanks
  • hackmerhackmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alvarovzla wrote: »
    I just took it today and failed 671/1000. Is there anyone that knows where to find the materials with the 2008 R2 stuff?

If I cannot find it I guess I'll wait and in the meantime will work on getting ITIL v3 foundations out of the way

Thanks
    For my 643 I prepared with technet.
    For example:
    Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)
    and read aaalll about "new" Terminal Services.
    From left pane open: application server, failover clusters, network load balancing, remote desktop services,storage,streaming media services,Web Server(IIS),Windows Deployment Services, and I could forget something.
    After you read technet, you will know "everything" everything, that is required for exam ;)
    For Web Server (IIS) here is very good resource - iis.net
    Good luck!icon_thumright.gif
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    alvarovzla wrote: »

Go to Post #12 in the 643 exam sticky thread by yours truly which has links to resources on R2 topics that are part of 643.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • ironhorse7ironhorse7 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EPIC fail on Saturday. Looks like there is a LOT of 2008 R2 on the exam. So if you are about to take it and used the Microsoft press book like I did. Make sure you find some material (like the stuff posted above) to study.