Passed the 70-663??!

So after passing my 70-662 on Saturday, I decided to take my 70-663 today to get a feel for the exam and see what I needed to study for as I have a 2nd shot voucher.

After sitting the exam, I ended up passing it! I was kind of surprise when I found out I passed but it wasn't a big surprise. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to talk about the exam but all the questions were deployment scenario. It's like MS based the entire 70-663 out of the first few chapters of the 70-662 book.

For some reason, I don't have that sense of accomplishment from passing this exam as I did my other exams. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    pham0329 wrote: »
    So after passing my 70-662 on Saturday, I decided to take my 70-663 today to get a feel for the exam and see what I needed to study for as I have a 2nd shot voucher.

After sitting the exam, I ended up passing it! I was kind of surprise when I found out I passed but it wasn't a big surprise. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to talk about the exam but all the questions were deployment scenario. It's like MS based the entire 70-663 out of the first few chapters of the 70-662 book.

For some reason, I don't have that sense of accomplishment from passing this exam as I did my other exams. icon_sad.gif

Congratulations :)

I will be sitting 662 next month. I have been through all CBT Nuggets of 662 and most of the Trainsignal as well and just received the CBT Nuggets for 663 - Even just from looking at the content I can somehow understand why 663 seems "pointless" - A lot of stuff I skimmed through gave me the "know that already" impression ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    What was the 662 and 663 like? I plan on taking these after doing 647 to complete my EA.

I am also going for the Hyper-V certs as well.

I have the Trainsignal videos for both these exams and also we have the Mastering Exchange 2010 book and I will be getting the MS Press books too.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    imo 70-662 was definitely a lot tougher than the 70-663 because it tests you in all the different aspect of Exchange. You better know what every tab and setting in the EMC does if you want to pass the 70-662.

The 70-663, on the other hand, has a very specific focus, and that is the deployment of Exchange. If you pass the 70-662, and you pay attention to the requirements for Exchange (hardware/software/site topology/etc..), you should have no problem passing the 70-663.