Options

Ok I think I wanna know about vouchers.

My gi bill will reimburse me for my test.. But if I can cut upfront costs a bit that would be great.. Can you guys fill me in on these vouchers your refering to?

Pandimus
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    you can go to a place like www.getcertified4less.com (where I bought mine) and purchase a voucher. By CompTIA's rule you will get some sort of training material (almost always a link to a .pdf no matter where you go, but not always).

By email you will get a voucher number. Use this number when you register for your exam.

Before you get the voucher, find out where you will be taking the exam. CompTIA exams are administered by either VUE or Prometric. Don't buy a VUE voucher if your testing center is Prometric. Some places (for example, where I tested) happens to be both. Go to vue.com or prometric.com to scope out testing locations in your area.

I bought my voucher Sunday night and registered Monday evening. Don't just toss out the .pdf links... They can be useful.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I will be testing at the new horizons in bakersfield california. They are a prometric center.. what exactly is included in the PDF?
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I used gracetechsolutions.com for my vouchers, everything went great. They sent me links to 4 pdf files, 2 for each of the A+ exams, but since I'd already studied my behind off I didn't so much as load them, so I can't really comment on their quality
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    I used SuperVoucher.com for all of my CompTIA vouchers. They were usually anywhere from $3 - $5 cheaper than the rest. It may not seem like much, but I like to save money whenever I can. They immediately, and I mean IMMEDIATELY, send you your voucher number in your e-mail along with a link to their study guide PDF. As long as you have no problem using PayPal, I would buy from this company.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Oh, by the way, don't expect much from these PDFs as they are usually very limited in content. It's merely how these companies are obeying CompTIA's new rule that the sale of a voucher must be accompanied by some learning material. Also note that SuperVoucher.com only sells Prometric vouchers.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    The .pdfs were really short.. they were created by Tcat Houser.. and this man simply knows his stuff. In the .pdf you are invited to email his autoresponder. From there you will get links to his MASSIVE ExamInsight and ExamWise ebooks. They are 400+ pages each. Once you go through them you will certainly be ready.

I didn't think much of the material i would be getting-- obviously you already have stuff before you buy the voucher. It's a nice addition however. Could you pass the exam strictly from the ebooks? I think so.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Ok folks.

I picked up two A+ cert vouchers from supervoucher.com and scheduled my tests next week on thursday. I will back to back the a+
    I decided to wait it out and I will get my network+ either the week after. Or payday after that.

We will see how it goes..

pandimus