How difficult is the A+ Certification?

CompUBugCompUBug Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have done a good deal of PC work. Replaced Harddrives, Memory, Power Supplies... I have loaded O.S.'s, reformatted drives, performed dual boots, installed hardware and drivers... Is there other stuff that I would need to know? Anything specifically?

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CompUBug wrote: »
    I have done a good deal of PC work. Replaced Harddrives, Memory, Power Supplies... I have loaded O.S.'s, reformatted drives, performed dual boots, installed hardware and drivers... Is there other stuff that I would need to know? Anything specifically?

I think going to professor messers website would be a good start and it's free. Plus he offers free training for network + and Windows 7 configuration.

Back to A+, I would run through the free video training and if you feel comfortable you will most likely be ready for the exam. You could probably pass the 701 exam right now, but just to be safe I would go through the training.

Mike Meyers also provides a good solid book on A+. That might be worth picking up.

Good luck I am sure you will do fine.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think A+ is personally one of the easiest certifications in IT to obtain. I'm sure you'll be ready based on your experience but I would review before the exam just to be sure. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know alot of good tech's that had their as*'s handed to them on a platter when sitting for those two exams unprepared. There is alot of material to soak up, and studying, as well as doing practice tests will ensure more confidence and a solid grasp on what to expect.

While I agree that Comptia certs are not as difficult as some other certifications, I also believe that they are far from easy. There is a long list of people on these boards who have failed one or two times.

I personally studied longer that most people in here so I would not only truly comprehend the objectives of the A+ certification, but mainly so I would be able to remember the information that I studied, 5-6 months, and even a year after the test was taken.

Study, study, study, test, test, test, and when you are ready, you will definately know it.

Good luck, you can do it.