Tminus 2 weeks until SSCP

2»

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    When you ask the (ISC)2 to endorse you they have no other choice but to investigate the information that the candidates provides. This is part of the responsibility of the endorser regardless of who it is.

Interesting. I am asking because as of right now, I haven't found anyone who can endorse me for the SSCP so I will probably go down the same route as shaq.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Interesting. I am asking because as of right now, I haven't found anyone who can endorse me for the SSCP so I will probably go down the same route as shaq.
    Or you can send me your completed paperwork and I can endorse you. After 3500+ posts, I think that I can attest to you having at least one year of experience in at least one domain of the SSCP CBK. icon_lol.gif Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Or you can send me your completed paperwork and I can endorse you. After 3500+ posts, I think that I can attest to you having at least one year of experience in at least one domain of the SSCP CBK. icon_lol.gif Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

I'm not taking the exam until march so I'll hold you to that in about april or may lolicon_thumright.gif

Well that might not be true:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/59889-sscp-march-12-a.html
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah I doubt the email had anything to do with being picked either. It was just an odd coincidence. I actually had a CISSP coworker endorse me, not ISC2. This same person endorsed a coworker of mine that took and passed his SSCP on the same day that I did. They accepted his endorsement paperwork weeks ago. I'm just that lucky.
    :study:
    Finally, nearly 4 months after passing the test and having to submit more paperwork than I had to for my passport, my SSCP audit has been approved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats dude. I'm glad this is finally official!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! I'm glad it's official! :)
    Congrats.

I see you are doing the Elearnsecurity course. Did you wait until it became official that you had the SSCP in order to do it or did you start before it was official? I ask because the course counts for like 40 cpes. I want to take it after I do the SSCP but I am not sure if I should wait for a few months and then go for it or just go for it. I'm itching to get into the elearncourse though.
    I started it before it became official. The CPE thing is something I plan to look into though because within the eLearn interface, you have to select when you actually start the exam process. I obviously haven't started the exam yet because I've just been reading the material. They will give you a deadline for beginning the exam which seems like it's about 4-5 months out from when you initially purchase access. Basically I need to figure out if CPEs are valid from when you purchase access or from when you actually begin the exam.
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    I started it before it became official. The CPE thing is something I plan to look into though because within the eLearn interface, you have to select when you actually start the exam process. I obviously haven't started the exam yet because I've just been reading the material. They will give you a deadline for beginning the exam which seems like it's about 4-5 months out from when you initially purchase access. Basically I need to figure out if CPEs are valid from when you purchase access or from when you actually begin the exam.

If/When you find that out can you please update this thread with the answer. That's a pretty big deal. Hopefully they backdate you with the cpes. That would be the fair thing to do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hopefully they backdate you with the cpes. That would be the fair thing to do.

I would highly doubt that. However, they typically award CPEs upon passing the exam, so even though he purchased the eLearnSecurity course prior to having his SSCP made official, the CPEs should be granted upon his completion of the eCPPT.

Also, he has a key to my apartment to feed my cats in the even that Paul Boz fails to make his wife do it. You need to exploit the automatic food dispenser in order to release the food, so that should qualify for a few CPEs as well.