Unity 8.0 MWI issues

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
We just cut over to Unity and CUCM8.x and we are having widespread issues with the MWI lights not syncing or even voice mail being delayed in some cases. I think it may have something to do with the port group configurations but i have been unable to find an ideal configuration or best practice from Cisco. Does anyone have any information they could toss my way for this issue?

Thanks. Let me know if you need more information.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    unity connection or unity
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    unity connection or unity

Sorry, unity connection.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If anyone is curious I had noticed that we had many ports for unity to use, but they were all dedicated to answer calls, MWI, and TRAP. I also found that it was best practice to dedicate a majority of the ports to answering calls and the remianing to MWI tasks. We consulted with a contractor who said that it probably isn't a problem, and they ended up calling cisco...

...who then configured the ports to be as I described above. For the moment, it seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm feeling smart tonight XD.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • makrandmakrand Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is the known issue with the Unity 8.x if you reset/restart the Connection notifier service of Unity server.The issue with MWI indicator will resolve.