Associate of (ISC)²

KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
Okay so I'm sure most of you are aware of this option...
you can take the SSCP or CISSP without the pre-requirements...
and you can become an associate of (ISC)².

So here's my question... is it better to strive for the SSCP or CISSP?
does it matter which one you go for?

Reason I'm asking because, a community college offers a CISSP preparation course I was considering in the fall... figured I could go for this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm pretty sure being an associate (CISSP) got me my most recent job. The worse part is, I can meet the requirements, but I've just been procrastinating on doing the paperwork icon_lol.gif
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CISSP Associate is definitely well worth it. If you're DoD it counts across the model (except for CNDSP Manager which requires CISSP-Specialty). I'm in a similar situation and will probably go for an associate with 4 years left to work towards the full designation icon_lol.gif.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I see more value in CISSP (associate) over SSCP, and I think the market agrees.

As stated earlier by Rouge2shadow it still counts for DoDD 8570.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    So here's my question... is it better to strive for the SSCP or CISSP?
    does it matter which one you go for?

You could be like some of us and just go for both? =)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure being an associate (CISSP) got me my most recent job. The worse part is, I can meet the requirements, but I've just been procrastinating on doing the paperwork icon_lol.gif

If needed I could possibly endorse you. Even though you took the CISSP when I took the SSCP. I submitted the endorsement paperwork 2 weeks ago for the CISSP. Time to catch up. icon_lol.gif
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)