ron

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Tons of us here. How can we assist?
  • Options
    ronkakaplanronkakaplan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using examcram, they gave me a pdf file with 450 q and a's
    i have been doinmg i.t. For 25 years but so far i am not sure about this exam,.. I would love to chat with someone about the questions they got, to see what i need to do.
  • Options
    ericcumbeeericcumbee Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using examcram, they gave me a pdf file with 450 q and a's
    i have been doinmg i.t. For 25 years but so far i am not sure about this exam,.. I would love to chat with someone about the questions they got, to see what i need to do.

anyone that has taken the test is bound by a nda from discussing specifics about the questions. i will say most of them are fairly straight forward.

an example would of how the questions are worded would be like

Q: Which one of these provides the strongest encryption?
    A.TEMPEST
    B.Triple DES
    C.AES256
    D.NIDS

if you know the material you will instantly know that its not A and its not D Tempest is a standard for RF noise and NIDS stands for Network Intrusion Detection System. so right there you have a 50/50 shot at getting it right.

for the most part they are not going to try and confuse you with excess verbage. the questions are pretty straight to the point.
    Georgia Southern University Class of 2008
    BS of Information Technology- Network Admin
    A+, Security+
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome to the forum. My friend, I think you've come to the right place but with the wrong ideas. If you have been in IT for 25 years you should know that Non-Disclosure Agreements prohibit test takers for discussing and divulging test specifics. In this case that is CompTIA's proprietary information. If you are looking for advice on how to legitimately pass the test then we will be more than happy to help. Something tells me you are looking for a quick solution.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Buddy...seems that you probably haven't used the search function....it's cool.

You want an easy solution that will not only help you with the exam but provide a good foundation on IT Security? (Actually it helps more with the exam, but it does give you enough to google stuff on your own)

Download this book for $9.99...you won't need anything else!

Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide eBook: Darril Gibson: Kindle Store

This is the book that has helped many TEers (myself included) pass the exam. Whatever you get confused on, you got this thing called Google to help explain it to you.

Best of luck....

14 years of IT experience here (just about).