Options

CUCM 8.x Append 9 or 91 on incoming calls

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright, time to look dumb on the internet to avoid breaking stuff.

I understand how to configure a translation pattern, CSS, and PT and apply that to the gateway so it will translate calling numbers into 9XXXXXXXXXX or 91XXXXXXXXXX.

What I don't understand is how to create a means for which to differentiate between local external calls and long distance external calls. How can I create a translation pattern that will tell if the calling number is local, and only add a '9', or tell if it is long distance, and add a '91'?

Any help or pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it comes down to matching the "INTERNATIONAL", "NATIONAL" or "SUBSCRIBER" call type information element fields in the ISDN stream for inbound calls.

They go into this in the current INE CCVP video-on-demand series, but as this is (in parts) a subset of their CCIE:Voice offering it gets really deep. It covers localised and globalized numbering plans which are not at the current CCVP level. I've tried watching it but tend to glaze over.icon_rolleyes.gif

INE do have a free video on this at CCIE Technology vSeminars but I can't recall if it covers inbound matching.

Now as to how to do it.... I'm still working through that as well.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Are you using H323 or MGCP. H323 I got some voice translations that I use. Check the blog for example. If you are using MGCP let me know and I'll draft something up.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    Are you using H323 or MGCP. H323 I got some voice translations that I use. Check the blog for example. If you are using MGCP let me know and I'll draft something up.

It is MGCP, but the translations should be done locally on the gateway? I thought I could configure them in call manager.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    Okay my stupid just went up. There are options in the gateway and device pool to configure prefix's in incoming calls by national, international, subscriber, and unknown. I'm still unable to find a way to configure 9 for local, and 91 for national. Ideas?

Edit:

I think what I'm going to have to do is have a prefix of '91' to national calls, and make translations patterns to match local calls going out and replace the '91' with just '9'.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: