How far is your testing center?

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was just curious on how many people have one local of if you have to pack your lunch box for the day?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    3 within a 5 mile radius of home.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Across the street from my place of employment. :D
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I want to test Microsoft, mine is only a few miles away from my house. If I want to test Cisco, I have to drive 70 miles.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    5 miles and is Prometric/Vue.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Takes me a good hour to get to my nearest testing.. I hate putting the mileage on my car but I guess it's for the greater good.. I gotta make the drive soon to.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The place I normally go is about a 25 minute drive.

For one test I drove nearly 300 miles and spent the night in a hotel because I wanted to take my test on a Saturday. That was a very interesting 24 hour period.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    40 miles from my home, but 2 miles from work. That's for Microsoft.

If I want to take a Cisco exam is 75 miles from home, 40 miles from work.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    For Microsoft its 45 minutes. For everything else its about 30.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Currently:

Certiport (our organisation is one): 0 miles
    ETA testing centre (our organisation is one): 0 miles
    Prometric & Vue: about 15 miles away

However we're in the process of becoming a Prometric testing centre, no plans for Vue.

-Ken
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    5 locations within a 15 min drive from my home.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Prometric - a few miles from work

Vue - 80 miles
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There are a bunch within 5 miles of my employer. However, I prefer to take exams on Saturday, so the testing center I tend to use is 15 miles away from home (mostly freeway, so about 20 minutes each way on Saturday).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    20 miles. I might start going to a second one because its closer. The main one is that I go to is the school I will transfer to. I usually get a discount because I'm a student there.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Less than 10 miles at my school :D
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    It takes me about 35 to 40 minutes to get to the Prometric/Vue testing center. There are a few that are closer but I like this one as they are open and accept walk-ins on both Saturday and Sunday. Plus the testing center is very nice.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Since choosing to live out in the middle of no where it... it's about a two hour drive. The other day when I had an exam it took me 2 hrs and 45 mins due to bad road conditions...
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Used to be +100 but now it's less than 10 :D
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    wow, I feel sorry for those who have to drive more than 100 miles. One nice thing about being in metro atlanta and it's burbs, finding a testing center is not difficult
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    About 30 miles to the one I will go to, 11 to the one that cancels your appointment 2 days before and doesn't give you any warning.
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    8.9 miles to my Prometric testing center.

The same guy is always there, he's pretty easy going. Told me if I want to just come in and take a test, its no problem. No need to schedule. Just bring a credit card.

The testing room is nice too. Not very big but its nice and clean. Nice view out of the huge windows.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    There is one that does Prometric and I think Vue within about 40 minutes. However, I usually go to one about 75 minutes away that's open 7 days a week.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    24 kms. from my home and about 4 from work. I'd like to be able to test on a Saturday but cant find a testing place that does Saturdays.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Across the street from my place of employment. :D

icon_lol.gif Same here, nice isn't it?
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    One 15 minute train ride....I love NY bc of this
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I think I've got veritas_libertas and ltgenspecific beat, my closest Prometric testing center is two blocks my house, right on the main street where there are coffee shops and little diners to sit and eat/drink/study. The Vue center is a little further away, it takes riding on a BART (subway) train for about five minutes and stepping four steps out of the station in downtown Oakland to get there, maybe twenty if you count stepping into the Tully's Coffee before taking an exam. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Used to be on par with Slowhand but fortunately that place got closed down. Great testing centre but from what I read on the news a really shady place to work for or have work for you. New testing site is great though, only a few miles away and it is quite clean, quiet, and the staff is friendly too.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    I have 2 within 15-20 miles and a third about 40 miles away. So I can pretty much take my exam the next day if I want.

Intresting thing about the one 40 miles away... It is a Doctors Office.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pearson Vue - 15 minutes
    Prometric - 45 minutes (Japanese site though)
    Kryterion - 8 hours
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have one Prometric/Vue center at 6 miles from home. But it has some limitations: works only one day in a week, only for 7 hours and has only one seat. So only 4-10 exams can be taken monthly. You must be quick and book ahead, or will be forced to go 60 miles to next nearest testing center.
    2013 to do list:
    [70-413] [70-414]
  • MechaniXMechaniX Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Both are within walking distance. The closest is just across the street from my place.