Passed!

TNT143TNT143 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I passed the exam and yes, I'm happy I passed, but not happy with my score. To me the score is a direct reflection of how much you understood the material and well... I thought I understood majority of the material well enough to score over 800.

I'm happy to say I'm Security+ Certified, but wanted more reassurance I understood the material to test well.

My exam was very technical, few 'administrative' questions. Several questions about Cloud computing and other things that I don't remember in DG's book, but hey, I passed and I can only get better!

My recommendation after taking the test now is to not only study DG's book, but to find other study materials as not everything is covered in one book. And for not being a 'technical' person, I'm pretty proud of myself for passing a 'technical' exam! :D
WIP
Project+
MS: Info. Sys Mgt/Info Security

:thumbup: Achieved
Security+
ITIL Foundations v3

Comments

• HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TNT143 wrote: »
    Well I passed the exam and yes, I'm happy I passed, but not happy with my score. To me the score is a direct reflection of how much you understood the material and well... I thought I understood majority of the material well enough to score over 800.

I'm happy to say I'm Security+ Certified, but wanted more reassurance I understood the material to test well.

My exam was very technical, few 'administrative' questions. Several questions about Cloud computing and other things that I don't remember in DG's book, but hey, I passed and I can only get better!

My recommendation after taking the test now is to not only study DG's book, but to find other study materials as not everything is covered in one book. And for not being a 'technical' person, I'm pretty proud of myself for passing a 'technical' exam! :D

Cloud stuff huh, sounds like beta questions to me. Congrats on the pass however! icon_cheers.gif What's next for ya?
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Before 1/1/2011, I would have answered to this "Hey, Congratulations, Welcome to the Club" and an occasional "at least you never have to take this exam again."

Since we're post-1/1/2011 and you're a Security+ CE, you definitely have two choices since you hate the score you have so much...icon_rolleyes.gif

1) Enroll in the CE program and earn those 50 CEUs.

2) Wait until 1/21/2014, and take the test again and shoot for that 900.

Listen, you passed....if the 750 wasn't considered "passing" then those with 750-799 wouldn't get the certificate. Not everyone is going to get 800+ and that's ok too. That's really the message I want to convey.

Congratulations and welcome to the clubicon_thumright.gif (if only for three years until you re-Up again, if you have to).
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats! I too wasn't happy with my 781 score and felt the same way as you did initially. You'll get over it :D Would you really want to spend extra money and another couple weeks reading another book? or watching CBT videos? to score an extra few points? Well I didn't so I'm happy, a pass is a pass :) The wording on some of those questions were pretty bad that I'm not sure how to prepare for them..

I got a cloud computing question too, probably got it right, but too bad its most likely a beta question.

What's next for ya??
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No employer will EVER ask what you scored so don't sweat it. A pass is a pass. I do agree that DG's book is not 100% of the test, but it is well more than enough to pass the test easily. I used it as my only source and got an 838. Congrats man!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As said above, the score is good for your confidence but if 750 was not what comptia thought as competent in the material, that wouldn't be the passing score. If you passed, the professionals said you are a Security + Professional. And congratulations!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! As Toretto said in The Fast and the Furious, "It Don't Matter If You Win By An Inch Or a Mile. Winning Is Winning"
  • TNT143TNT143 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! Appreciate the kudos! A pass is a pass, I did realize later that I'm proud of myself for a few reasons:

1. I am NOT a book learner and passed a technical test simply by reading DG's book
    2. I'm not in the 'field' per se and passed
    3. I don't really have a technical background and passed

And what's next for me... I'm not sure if I want to try Net+, Project+ or upgrade my ITIL certs. I'd also like to get into more policy certs if I can find them, but I've also got my Master's in progress too! Lots to think about, I'm also trying to figure out the CEU stuff...
    WIP
    Project+

Security+
    ITIL Foundations v3
  • megamindmegamind Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. as long as you pass, that's what counts! icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    megamind wrote: »
    Congratulations. as long as you pass, that's what counts! icon_thumright.gif

Yep!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Mate
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I want to do the exam in late Feb, I do have experience so do you think getting DG's book only is enough for me to pass?

Score is just a number I was more happy to get 760 in an exam than the 975 I got it in another.
  • TNT143TNT143 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    Congratulations, I want to do the exam in late Feb, I do have experience so do you think getting DG's book only is enough for me to pass?

Score is just a number I was more happy to get 760 in an exam than the 975 I got it in another.

I'd say if you have experience definitely use his book to get the 'wording' and 'thought' behind the exam. The book is EXCELLENT, so I think it may be enough, but to be safe I'd use a lot of practice exams too and pick the brains of the folks here.

I'm not sure how much we can get away with, but some of my questions I wish I knew the answers to to know if I selected the right ones... I had one on DR that I"m sure I got right, but only had 2 questions on the entire test about DR and the results said I missed one based on the objectives...

Anyway, yes, I think the DG book will be just fine.
    WIP
    Project+

Security+
    ITIL Foundations v3