Just became HDI-Customer Service Representative certified

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I didn't see a section for the Help Desk Institute certifications on this forum, so I posted this here:

Without breaking the NDA….This exam had a lot of common sense questions and A+ material related. Moreover, there are questions based on how to handle user’s questions and concerns. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed studying for this exam. I used CBT direct, which had a skill port video for this exam. One down fall of this certification is that users could **** since it’s done via web. I didn’t ****, but this cert could be questioned by employers.

Now on to HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA)

My ultimate goal is to become ITIL v3 Certified.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    mine was via the web too, i didn't **** either, but seeing how many people use **** for certs, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people did **** on HDI tests...

that being said, my company uses HDI stuff in all their training, and I knew most of it word for word before they said it, so I think they know I didn't **** on mine
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I really wanted to get the management one at one time. But since then my opportunities have evolved and just don't think another process cert will help me personal at this time.

However getting one tech cert and one process cert like HDI would probably be my recommendation to anyone getting started

IMO A+ and HDI service associate would be a great intro into the helpdesk world. From there see where your job takes you and move forward.

You never know when they might push you into a different direction and you don't want to spend to much money on one particular set of IT, unless that's your calling.
    as I've stated before, I think the HDI Support Center Analyst cert was very helpful for getting my current job... granted I had the comptia trinity too, but HDI is important to my current organization
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    as I've stated before, I think the HDI Support Center Analyst cert was very helpful for getting my current job... granted I had the comptia trinity too, but HDI is important to my current organization

If forced, which is more helpful? A+ or HDI SCA cert?
    I think it's apples and oranges quite frankly, but I would definitely say A+...

just like the MCSE vs MCITP debate, I say go to the job boards, lots of people asking for A+, one or two asking for HDI if that... my current job didn't advertise anything about HDI, just A+ and Net+..

but the school I went to had it laid out, HDI, ITIL, A+, Net+ and then off to Microsoft... I dipped out and put Security+ on the end there before Microsoft, and I think that was an excellent learning path, and I would recommend that to anyone else
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • pradas80pradas80 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't see a section for the Help Desk Institute certifications on this forum, so I posted this here:

Without breaking the NDA….This exam had a lot of common sense questions and A+ material related. Moreover, there are questions based on how to handle user’s questions and concerns. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed studying for this exam. I used CBT direct, which had a skill port video for this exam. One down fall of this certification is that users could **** since it’s done via web. I didn’t ****, but this cert could be questioned by employers.

Now on to HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA)

My ultimate goal is to become ITIL v3 Certified.

Hi,

do you have any materials for this exam?
    If not, where can i find one?
    I'm searching for the last 3 days, but i can't find anything.

Thanks in advance
  • Lalit_kumarLalit_kumar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you please help me with the study material for the HDI Support Center Team Lead