Passed 647, now Dilemma

Hi All,
I have not posted for some time now, I have been working hard and studying my a.. off. I have also changed the job twice over last 12 months.

647 - got very surprised when saw 4 scenarios + 28 multiple-choice questions - I hope I do not inavlidate NDA. After all, if you have some exposure to AD and studied for MCSE2003 - you should have no problems passing this exam.

Dilemma I have now is the choice between:
-finishing my MCITP:EA and SA with 649 or
-doing my CCNA (for last 2 months have been attending saturday mornings).

Anybody who passed 649 can shed some light if material from 646/647 is overlapping anyhow?

If I can kill MCITP in 1-2 months I will finish it instead of jumping into CCNA.

Any comments/advices much appreciated.

Thank you

Mikesz
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 649 is ( 640 + 642 + 643 ) combined. You've passed the beast, the 649 while not being cakewalk, shouldnt pose that much of a problem. 2ish months are doable for a person that is an MCSE.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    If you're experienced in 2003/2008 then as long as you've picked up the basics of the new stuff in the previous exams you shouldn't have any issues. I'd definitely recommend finishing it out while you've still got your momentum going as well. These concepts don't all stay fresh in your mind forever.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, it seems this is the case for 647 now some multiple questions and 4 case studies.

I would finish MCITP-EA and SA first, you're so close to finish line.
  • mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    Thank you very much for all replies. I will then finish the MCITP and then crack hard on CCNA.

Any recommendation on the book? I bought the Microsoft one.

Cheers
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use both Sybex and MS books all the time except for one exam (646).