Options

70-685 Easier after 70-680?

darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is it just me, or does it feel like at this point, I am mixing the experience I have with troubleshooting my own and client systems with the Microsoft 70-680 information and best practices, creating a mixture of ~I read 600 pages in 1 day and didn't see much to it?

It feels significantly easier now with the core knowledge + practice + common sense...

Can't just be me, can it? Anyone who has taken the 70-685 want to key in to either tell me I'm delusional or that I'm onto something?
:twisted:

Comments

• Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I'm forcing myself to read through the material I have because it seems to be the exact same with some printer issues thrown in. I'll see come Monday as my test is scheduled. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Repo Man wrote: »
    I'm forcing myself to read through the material I have because it seems to be the exact same with some printer issues thrown in. I'll see come Monday as my test is scheduled. icon_cheers.gif

You are monday? Nice! I'm tuesday. I have the second shot stuff from Microsoft and I'm feeling ballsy. I have 8 hours a day today, tomorrow and monday to really read and re-lab my stuff.

Feeling cocky :)
    :twisted:
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is some carryover in the 680 and 685 material. I felt the 680 was more like the 270 (XP) exam and the 685 was more like the 271 (XP for MCDST) exam in terms of what was required and the formats.

I used the MS press 685 and Darril's book for the 685/686 to prep for the 685. I actually had a harder time with the 685 due to there often being more than one way you could solve the problem given, but you must know how M$ wants it done.
  • Options
    Cookie0879Cookie0879 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    darkerz wrote: »
    ... It feels significantly easier now with the core knowledge + practice + common sense...QUOTE]

Well, I would hope so that after studying for and passing an exam, that using that knowledge in the real world makes life easier no :)?

Seriously, I do agree somewhat that the exams overlap, but I for one would not have been able to do the 685 before the 680, as the 685 builds upon knowledge from the 680.
    Currently Studying For: 70-410 Training Guide - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
    Goal for 2013: 70-642 (DONE), 70-646 (DONE), 70-410 (studying), 70-411, 70-412
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    Repo Man wrote: »

icon_cheers.gif