Options

Mimic the content for 702

Clarky321Clarky321 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi.

Hoping someone with A plus experience can help me here. Im studying for the A Plus exams using Mike Meyers 7th Edition and Professor Messor Videos and also Cisco material. My hands-on lacks serious practice and therefore when it comes to the practical aspect, i seem to be mimicking the content in my mind, rather than performing it in real steps. My question is: Is it possible to pass the 702 exam from just Meyers book and professor messors videos? I've been finding that i am reading a serious amount of material with no hands-on. Hope someone can advise me, if I am on the right track or if i need to change my approach.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need the Cisco material for the A+. I would recommend Exam Cram by David Prowse.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Get yourself an old computer you can break/fix. It really helps to have a computer with the hardware you can see as your are reading.
    Try removing the RAM and boot up..see what happens. Look through the BIOS, play with drivers.
    I used Mike's 6th. Edition book, which I thought was great.
  • Options
    sentimetalsentimetal Member Posts: 103
    biker_dude wrote: »
    You don't need the Cisco material for the A+. I would recommend Exam Cram by David Prowse.

Cisco provides an A+ book that's pretty comprehensive. It's very theoretical.