Need some advice. Preparing for MCITP

ccna29ccna29 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just want to ask a brilliant idea/advices about my plans in getting an MCITP: Server Administrator certification. I am an IT Professional for 4 years with CISCO Certification and want to add another certification with Microsoft.

I’m just wondering what would be my first move in getting the said certification. Do I need to study first the Windows 2003 server in order for me to get familiarized and prepared for Windows 2008 server? or I can just go and study 2008 server directly without the knowledge in 2003? What is the best method that you can advice to me? By the way, I do have a knowledge and practical hands-on regarding windows OS when it comes to Installations/setup, and I know that it is nothing to do with my question…

Any advices will be highly appreciated.. Thanks!

Comments

• grimestgrimest Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

I'm not qualified in 2003 at all but still studying towards an MCITP. I don't think it's necessary to be qualified in 2003 though probably good to at least be exposed to it. The server administrator course is introductory anyway. 2008 is considered to have a different skillset than 2003 as stated by MS.

So yeah wouldnt worry about it.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't need 2003 experience in order to pass 2008 exams you need 2008 experience to pass 2008 exams and I mean real life experience or labbing.

If you have experience with AD go with this order

70-640
    70-642
    70-646

If not you can take the order you like. My advice is to get more than one resource for studying (I use MS and Sybex books)