Options

Microsoft Considering changing Text Based Exams to Simulated

ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
icon_confused.gif I heard that Microsoft would soon implement simulation type exams the next time they update them.
What do you guys think? icon_eek.gif
The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Not considering anymore, they're already implemented in the 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, and 70-294 exams.

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/default.asp
    What do you guys think?
    Not a means to all ends, but definitely a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What is a simulation test. icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Click the link in my post above and find out. You can view a demo there.
  • Options
    gpSRTgpSRT Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea I remember when I used to work at a testing center/it cert school they were all pissed b/c they had to upgrade the hardware to support the sims on 290/291. Now they're doing 293/294, that pisses me off, I would've killed for a sim. icon_sad.gif

Kinda cool that it's being done, that was the biggest complaint I would hear from people that it wasn't a real environment and should be more like Cisco's exams. I hope they incorporate it into other exams...*thinks the exchange exams icon_twisted.gif
    Pocono Community Bank
    Network Administrator

Currently working on...
    MCSE:Messaging, MCAD (VB.NET), CCNA
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is great. I can’t wait to start to study for these tests. Now I can prove my skills without waiting for experience. At first I was just thinking MCSA, but now I see the great benefits of these exams. MCSE here I come. Now I know what direction to go in, until I luck on getting some experience in Security field.