Passed this morning!

terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say that tech notes are a great addition to the MS Press books. I'm now two exams in to my MCSE:Security. Next up is the 290 in a couple weeks.

A little background is that I took Computer Systems Technology in school about 3 years ago and never got certifications but took all the courses for CCNP/MCSA:Security. Now that I've been working for a couple of years it's time to go through with the certs then I will work on the upgrade to 2008.

MCSE:Security Progress
Done: Security+, 70-270
Next up: 70-290
Still to go: 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299,

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If all you have is Sec+ and 270, you have more than 2 exams to go. Even the MCSA:Security is going to require you to pass the 70-290, 70-91, and then the 70-299.

Sorry to bust you bubble, but congratulations on the pass of the 70-270. It is much harder than one expects.

If you want the MCSE:Security, you need the 3 above plus the 70-293, 70-294, and 70-298. But you have plenty of time, so keep working at it!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It must have been my wording, I fixed it lol. I know I have a lot more exams to write.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63