Two exam vs one exam route?

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
What are the benefits of taking the one exam route vs two exam route? what is the consensus here on what method to do? if you do ccent do you get more questions on certain subjects?

What do you people recommend?

Comments

• johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    I took the 2 exam route to help me absorb as much information as possible. As an added bonus the cost for either route is the same.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pretty much same for me. I don't really see any benefit to taking the one-exam route unless you're re-certifying and have been working 3 years with all the CCNA objectives! Come to think of it, even then, if you could spend $125 to take ICND2 again to refresh the cert, it's less cost for the same benefit so even then....

(Plus I figured if I was going to go in and possibly fail, I'd rather fail a $125 exam than a $250 exam... I'm sitting at CCNA:Security now without that option though haha)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    so the ICDN2 exam would only cover stuff from that book? and CCENT from the first book?
  • iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bermovick wrote: »
    Pretty much same for me. I don't really see any benefit to taking the one-exam route unless you're re-certifying and have been working 3 years with all the CCNA objectives! Come to think of it, even then, if you could spend $125 to take ICND2 again to refresh the cert, it's less cost for the same benefit so even then....

(Plus I figured if I was going to go in and possibly fail, I'd rather fail a $125 exam than a $250 exam... I'm sitting at CCNA:Security now without that option though haha)

Here, here! I had the same thought process going into the CCENT. Psychologically, it was a much better move for me. I failed the combined test the first time horribly. that was 250 gone. Then, I took the CCENT exam and failed it by 4 points. Then next time, I passed it. I think I would have given up had a dropped $500 AND failed 2 exams. I might have just went to nursing or something.
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)