Boson test with the Odom CCENT book just crushed my dreams

jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
I certainly hope the test isn't that hard. I have been reading Lammle's book and the Odom book. The Sybex practice test and the other test I have are no problem, but the Boson test just brought me back down to reality.
WGU grad

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What was the score they gave you? The Boson tests are way harder than the actual tests. I fail them all the time.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If your doing it in custom mode, by default they include ICND2 questions
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I failed (badly) the first time on both the ICND1 and ICND2 when taking the boson practice exams. In part, I think, because I treated them as practice exams - if I didn't know the answer right off the bat, I'd just guess and see what the correct answer was. Who cares if I get the question wrong? Which was the wrong attitude to have if I wanted to see how well I would do if I actually took the time to try coming up with the best answer available on every question (like I'd do on the actual exam). Once I re-took the practice exam a few days later, treating it as if it were a real exam, doing my best on every question to get the right answer, I scored considerably better -- either a pass, or very close to one.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    I thought that the odem boson practice tests were very close to the real thing. I can't speak for anything from sybex, but I scored 820 on the boson practice test from the odem book the night before I took the actual test and scored an 899 on the test.
  • videguyvideguy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember the Boson exam being real tough. The actual test was far easier. I perferred it that way, meant I was more than ready when I took the exam.
    Bachelors of Science in Information Technology - Database Administration Concentration
    Summa Cum Laude - April 2011

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    I just started on the Boson CCENT exam included in the Cisco ICND1 book, and wow that thing is crazy.. Some of the wording to the labs just makes my head spin.. indeed it is harder than my other practice exams.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Its hard with out a doubt but its an awesome resource keep at it and when your getting 85% or higher you are probably ready. Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    Why strive for mediocrity? If you're going to take the exam, you should KNOW everything that could be on it.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Greenmet29 wrote: »
    Why strive for mediocrity? If you're going to take the exam, you should KNOW everything that could be on it.

Agreed, and at least it's no MeasureUp! icon_wink.gif

I actually like how the Boson is setup. The only complaint I have is that the questions do not necessarily fill the whole screen of my laptop. Very odd...
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Greenmet29 wrote: »

Not looking for an easy out. The Boson exam is just shocking, for no CCENT book I have read has prepared me for some of those questions. lol
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
    Not looking for an easy out. The Boson exam is just shocking, for no CCENT book I have read has prepared me for some of those questions. lol

I understand that... take the questions and seek out the answers. Thats the best advice I can give. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif