Sitting for the 70-680 tomorrow...

I got my exam scheduled for 10am tomorrow at a testing center 3 minutes away from my house. Going to make sure I'm up early and alert and try to cram in more of the deployment knowledge since that's been my weaker point throughout studying for the cert.

It's been about a month and a half since I started studying for it and I'm feeling confident, just need to keep an eye out for the wording since this is my first MS cert and I know their layout and questions is different than CompTIA's approach. Of course I'll update tomorrow with the status, but I'm hoping I can follow-suit with the new wave of passes that have been coming through icon_cool.gif.
Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
Required:
Finished! I'm a graduate now!
Classes Transferred:
AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck, fingers crossed for you!
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Best of luck! let us know how it goes :D
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Good luck! Cramming the same day doesn't do it for me, but everyone has their style.
  • Lemonade727Lemonade727 Member Posts: 177
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Good luck! Cramming the same day doesn't do it for me, but everyone has their style.

I usually don't, I just want to make sure that I have the deployment material fresh on my mind right before the exam since it took a while for it to start to stick. I actually get kind of nervous prior to the testing session so I would feel quite a bit better if I had some more really recent exposure lol.
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Good luck. Come back with a pass.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Just got back in the house...PASSED! Ended up walking away with a 918, completely blown away by that score!

I did run into some issues at the testing center though (Prometric's fault)...I was originally scheduled to take the exam at 10am, but everytime we tried to start the exam it would either white screen after the NDA or close out of their testing application completely. It took 2 and a half hours for Prometric's Global Support to finally get the issue resolved so I sat in at 12:30. Luckily the testing center is only 1 mile down the road :)

I would definitely say to anyone else taking the exam that you really do need to read the questions carefully...almost got tripped up on a couple questions but caught my errors during the review.
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! that's a nice score!
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats on the pass.
    Thanks everyone! Now just time to wait until I get the confirmation from MS and I can send the transcript in to WGU.
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    berry niceee.. congrats! what resources did you use? whats next for ya?
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass - Got mine lined up in a Few weeks from now
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Congrats on the nice score

And good luck to you DR IT.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Hope everything went well. Any tips for those that come after you? Once I finish ICND 2, 70-680 will be in the crosshairs.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    Hope everything went well. Any tips for those that come after you? Once I finish ICND 2, 70-680 will be in the crosshairs.

TheSuperRuski did a great job listing resource choices in his thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/62155-passed-918-a.html so I would definitely recommended popping in there if you haven't yet as he went through a couple more resources than I did.

As for myself, I used the MS Press Book and printed out the Errata to keep with the book so I could be aware of any errors since there are quite a few in there. I also used the CBT Nuggets and Professor Messer videos.

One thing that I do recommend to everyone for this exam is to LAB, LAB, LAB if at all possible. I went through all of the practice exercises in the MS Press book to where I could complete the majority of it without having to follow it step by step. Also the Virtual Labs in the 70-680 Resources sticky are nice to help out with AppLocker, BitLocker, etc.
    Required:
    Classes Transferred: