Took the 70-272 Today......

Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
and passed with a 823. icon_cheers.gif

I am happy with what I got given the fact I didn't put a whole lot of effort into this. I just wanted it to be done.

I used the MS Press books and CBT Nuggets for both the 271 and 272. Only used the practice test in the back of the book and the MeasureUp on the CD.

Comments

• gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    congrats on the pass!
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job!

I've been thinking about using the CBT, how do you think it did mapping to the exams?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Great job!

I've been thinking about using the CBT, how do you think it did mapping to the exams?

I thought they were spot on. I watched them first and then read the MS Press book. The CBTs are really good for introduction and review, but by no means detailed enough to use as a only source.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    the instructor's voice..... ugh
    and the huge 800x600 resolution oh man.

i think theyre alright with the material.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    Armor149 wrote: »
    and passed with a 823. icon_cheers.gif

I am happy with what I got given the fact I didn't put a whole lot of effort into this. I just wanted it to be done.

How can you compare this to the Net+ or even the 271?
    answers will be much appreciated icon_cool.gif
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    How can you compare this to the Net+ or even the 271?
    answers will be much appreciated icon_cool.gif

The 272 objectives focus on working with Office XP and 2003. The 272 for the most part is configuring and troubleshooting the little everyday things with Office. There is some overlap from the 271. If you are using the MS Press book, there a couple chapters copied from the 271 MS Press book.

As far as Network+, just the basics of troubleshooting network connectivity. The A+ actually would apply more to the 271 and even a little to the 272.

Not sure if that helps you much.
    thanks alot. looks like im gonna be typing this semesters college papers with office xp and 2003.

you got tested on both office xp and 03? which one should i focus on more?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    The objectives apply to Office XP and 2003. But thats not a big deal since XP and 2003 are almost identical. I think 2003 just looks better.

If you don't have the MS Press book yet, I would get it and skim through it to see what you should be focusing on.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome job man! Gratz
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    the instructor's voice..... ugh
    and the huge 800x600 resolution oh man.

i think theyre alright with the material.

Yeah, I watched a couple of the 270 videos with that guy and was not happy. Now lucky me, he does the 70-299 stuff too. And I'm planning for CBT to be my main source for the 271 and 272.
    Decide what to be and go be it.