ready for ccna

khakipantskhakipants Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D hi guys. i just signed on at a local school to prepare me for the ccna. i have done my A+ through the US Navy when i was active duty. thats all i really gotten into so far. as a newby i want to talk to professionals who work in the field. i have some questions.

1. how is life for a ccna? as far as employment opportunites, pay, benefits. im really worried about will i have a hard time finding a job? i have no experience in this field. what are hours like, and working conditions? would you say its a stressful job?

2. what all does cisco consist of? i know they cover various areas of communication and networking, but what do they do in a more detailed day to day business setting?

3. school starts in 30 days and im nervous. is there anything i can do to prepare me so i dont get to school, and fall on my face. icon_cry.gif

4. what would some of you veteran guys suggest i do? i know when i get to class i will be probably be the only one with any experience or knowledge of whats going on.

i would like to use this forum to help get me over the hump. any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated,,,, man im nervous!

thanxx
jerrett

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

1. A CCNA alone usually doesn't lead to a 'Cisco-job' where you are actually allowed to touch Cisco equipment.

2. On CCNA level, you'll be mostly typing commands. Try www.cisco.com/go/ccna for more details.

3. You could focus a bit on the basics of networking (ie. by reading my Network+ TechNotes)

4. Enjoy it. Perhaps get some 2501 routers to play with in a homelab, or a good router simulator.

Good luck!
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    3. school starts in 30 days and im nervous. is there anything i can do to prepare me so i dont get to school, and fall on my face. icon_cry.gif

If you are anything like me, you will learn more and have a deeper understanding from falling on your face icon_lol.gif Just go in with an open mind. Keep up on this board, lots of fantastic information passes through here.

Good luck!
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p