I got some cool tech embedded in me now!

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
On Tuesday I got a spinal stimulator installed. Right around my mid back area I have a 3" paddle that is connected to a generator that is in my butt. I use a remote programmer to turn it on and adjust the stimulation. No more pain in my left leg! Some pretty cool tech that allows it to work. Even has a remote charger that I wear on my belt to charge it. Dang surgery hurt but getting better.
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Very cool ... but does it blend?
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    At probably around $100000 I'm not going to find out. Have to love insurance when you have it
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Right around my mid back area I have a 3" paddle that is connected to a generator that is in my butt.

It is probably way more amazing than i'm thinking and obviously a great relief to you. I just cannot get over that line "a generator in my butt", don't mean to make light of it at all. I just halfway wonder if you could use that as a pickup line.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hypntick wrote: »
    It is probably way more amazing than i'm thinking and obviously a great relief to you. I just cannot get over that line "a generator in my butt", don't mean to make light of it at all. I just halfway wonder if you could use that as a pickup line.

"Hey baby, I got a big generator in my pants and it only works for you. Get over here girl.
    " *Barry White Voice* Lol icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, that's interesting. Has the relief been instant. Are you like a beta tester of the technology? I have never heard of such a thing. I am wondering if I need to get some stock icon_surprised.gif
    They've been out for awhile now. The relief is instant when I turn it on. I can control how much relief and where depending on the programing of the unit. If you have chronic pain in a limb from a back injury a spinal stimulator is the way to go.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Wow thats awesome. Everyday I am amazed at what humans can accomplish. Hopefully it works out great for you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow thats awesome. Everyday I am amazed at what humans can accomplish. Hopefully it works out great for you.

+1. Definitely cool.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    May not be entirely appropriate but I 'm dying to see what this looks like. Any links or tags on the web to see it in action?
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Can it play Crysis?
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Cool technology. Saw the explanation here: Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant Video

Now go ahead and mod it. icon_thumright.gif
    Ugg... Having surgery again. Leads aren't right. At least it isn't BSOD'ing.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ugg... Having surgery again. Leads aren't right. At least it isn't BSOD'ing.

Sorry to hear that. All the best to you with version 2.0 Please return soon hopefully with great news.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right around my mid back area I have a 3" paddle that is connected to a generator that is in my butt.

Shame that generator isn't powered by natural gas! icon_lol.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]