Options

Stupid QOTD: Stripping 01 for international calls.

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
So awhile ago I was having a hard time figuring out how to accomplish the above. We have a provider who was taking our calls that were marked 'international' and adding '01' to them. So if we sent an 'international' call with '01' already in the number, the provider then put another '01' on it and the call would be un-routeable. I'm not sure why it did this... if someone could explain that to me as well I would appreciate it too.

Anyway, we needed to strip '01' from our international calls. I couldn't figure out how to get it to do this. Where in the world does call manager handle this? The contractor that actually configured it said they changed it in the route plan... but I can not see a thing in there for it. I checked the device pool config, translation patterns, MGCP gateway configs... I can't for the life of me figure out how in the world they did this.

I would appreciate it if someone more learned than me would enlighten me. Its CUCM8.0. Also, the only place that had this issue were places with PRI DMS-100 as their PRI Protocol type. There may be some correlation...

EDIT:
What I would of thought to do is to make a translation pattern with a translation mask that would remove the 01. Would this of been the proper way to do it?

EDIT2:
Or possible a translation-rule on the gateway... which also has nothing configured currently.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    You can do it on the dial peer that its hitting with a forward digits command where it will only forward the right to the left of the digits you specify.

You can do a translation pattern that when someone dials something with 01 that you change it to the number without 01 and send that to the PSTN

You can do a translation rule on the gateway also that you would apply outbound voice port to strip it off.

Some ideas I would have to actually look at call flow to make sure that wouldn't break anything in the process.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think I see what they did... they changed the called party number type to force national. That makes sense, since then the provider does not try to add 011 to the call.

At least I'm not crazy then. That is comforting. They actually lied in the email:
    " specify National and strip the 011"

They just specified National... no need to strip the 011 if you do that. Annoying little things like that keep me up at night. I was confused since they said they would have it strip digits, but the Dialed number analysis tool showed them all being sent.

EDIT:

Something to note, our company uses 9.@ for their route plans (something which I am proposing a change to Monday). Had we had an individual dial plan for international calling (along the lines of 9.011XXXXXXXXX) I could probably of done as you suggested, and moved the '.' to something like 9011.XXXXXXXXX). This is probably the way it SHOULD be done.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.