Options

Regarding gigabitethernet

rauf1212rauf1212 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Could anyone please tell me if I want to connect a router's ethernet(ethernet!) interface to CATALYST 3550 gigabitethernet interface what shoud I do?

My ultimate target is to connect the router to a pc (catalyst 3550 will be in the middle). Router's ethernet interface connected to switch's one gigabitethernet port and switch fa 0/1 interface to pc's ethernet port. I wonder how to do that.

I am new to this forum and exploring CCNA..

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Buy a compatible 1000BASE-T GBIC like a WS-G5483 and fit it into one of the GBIC slots on the 3550. Use a regular straight through patch cable to connect the inserted GBIC to the router. Use another regular straight through patch cable to connect from the first port on the 3550 to your PC.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply...

I was actually simulating this scenario in boson netsim. I particularly wants to know how will I configure router side (I have configured ip address of router ethernet interface like 192.168.4.1 and pc's ip address as 192.168.4.2 (gatway 192.168.4.1). But when I ping gateway (router) doesn't respond.

I am confused what to do in the intermediate 3550 switch where gigabitethernet interface is connected with router and another fast ethernet interface of switch is connected to PC.

Is it a problem if i connects router ethernet with switch gigbitethernet...is there any issue?
  • Options
    Hello,

I have understood my problem.. Thanks for your time.