Which practice exams?

Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Just wondering which practice exams you would recommend for the Network+.

What I'm looking for is practice exams that are as similar as possible to the actual exam (content + difficulty).

Also the number of questions and the price are factors.

For example:

- Transcender
- LearnKey MasterExam
- Total Seminars
- ucertify
- Prep Logic
- MeasureUp
- Sybex Test Engine

Thanks!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used Transcender and MeasureUp to prep for Network+ exam in addition to Exam Cram book. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    a free method would be sitting in a barnes n noble and doing practice exams from every book. thats what i did.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    a free method would be sitting in a barnes n noble and doing practice exams from every book. thats what i did.

That's a good idea. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, Guys.

No one else here used practice exams to pass the Network+? ;)
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ed1975 wrote: »
    Thanks, Guys.

nope, see my comment above. its more than enough to pass. the Net+ is very very definition based. Make sure you also check out the http://www.mcmcse.com/comptia/network/N10004_study_guide.shtml and print it out. its like 25 pages printed full of definitions.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering which practice exams you would recommend for the Network+.

- Transcender
    - LearnKey MasterExam
    - Total Seminars
    - ucertify
    - Prep Logic
    - MeasureUp
    - Sybex Test Engine

Transcender -- considered to be the ultimate practice exam suite for any exams though they have gotten flack for some of their less spectacular tests.

LearnKey MasterExam -- Once upon a time LearnKey was one of the popular learning companies. But, why buy it when you can get free with McGraw-Hill books like All-In-One or Glenn Clarck's?

Total Seminars -- Who??

uCertify -- I signed up for some free tests but never actually bought any. The tests seem OK.

PrepLogic -- I receive at least two emails daily about some sale going on (Even JCPenney sends only one per day). I haven't bought any but have used older versions of their tests which weren't bad.

MeasureUP -- Seen them on the CDs that come with books but never used.

Sybex Test Engine -- The free version that comes with the books is OK if you look past the user interface. If you have a Sybex book, you have the tests. Never bought any additional Sybex tests.

Don't forget to use the chapter end review questions from the books. Some books come with the PC based test engine on the CD that comes with the book. This is where you should start before spending money on practice exams.

I used LabSim and the level of difficulty on their tests was much higher than from other practice exams that I have used. Transcender probably is similar.

Also there are some free online tests from CompTIA and certification related sites. I also found free tests, ExamCompass, recently in this forum.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348

I did not buy even one source for my A+, this is what I did instead. This was the summer before college and no job, so money was super tight. lol

+1 on the MCSE, that was actually my main study guide.

Sorry didn't buy any practice questions, I don't think it be worth buying any for Network+

edit: I did use LearnKey from the CD that came with the Passport Network+ book. It had some old stuff on it even tho it was supposed to be for the most recent exam.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
    Thanks, Guys.

The only practice exams I remember using before the exam was here on TechExams that I can recall. The only other source besides that would be the practice questions from the Exam Cram book.

• security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□

I definitely agree with this method of studying....
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I bought the voucher bundle from total seminars that comes with practice tests. I think the price has gone up since I used it but the quality of the practice tests are good. Total Seminars: CompTIA Exam Voucher Bundles
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    certhelp wrote: »
    Total Seminars -- Who??

Mike Meyer's (author of All In One books) company.
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    Mike Meyer's (author of All In One books) company.

I checked the website after I wrote my post earlier. Browsed the forums on their website.
  • ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    I bought the voucher bundle from total seminars that comes with practice tests. I think the price has gone up since I used it but the quality of the practice tests are good. Total Seminars: CompTIA Exam Voucher Bundles

I am trying to decide between Transcender & Total Seminars because the price difference is only $25.00. I've gone through the "Professor Messer" Vids and now CBT Nuggets but I haven't purchased any Practice Questions yet.

How do these two practice exams compare? I have a love/hate relationship with Transcender so I was thinking about trying something new icon_rolleyes.gif
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Zillatech wrote: »
    I am trying to decide between Transcender & Total Seminars because the price difference is only $25.00. I've gone through the "Professor Messer" Vids and now CBT Nuggets but I haven't purchased any Practice Questions yet.

How do these two practice exams compare? I have a love/hate relationship with Transcender so I was thinking about trying something new icon_rolleyes.gif

I haven't used transcender and total seminars for the same test so it's hard to compare. To the best of my recollection there isn't that much difference in the quality. So, I would maybe base it on which one gives you more questions or is cheaper.
  • dandixdandix Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Transcender worked for me, also used it for Security+, and CCENT. It was a little short on Cisco stuff, since they have no sim's in Transcender. But Boson is a great for Cisco studies.