Advice for getting CCNA

scofieldscofield Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've currently been studying for the CCENT, ICND1 exam, what I've done is finished the CBTnuggets, I'm going to watch it again, taking notes with each video, and really emphisiing on subnetting, is there anything else I should do before taking the exam? I mean how do I really know when I am ready or not for the exam, can someone maybe give me tips? :)

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    scofield wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've currently been studying for the CCENT, ICND1 exam, what I've done is finished the CBTnuggets, I'm going to watch it again, taking notes with each video, and really emphisiing on subnetting, is there anything else I should do before taking the exam? I mean how do I really know when I am ready or not for the exam, can someone maybe give me tips? :)

Thanks,

Tim

CBTNuggets is your only source? I just started my CCENT studies as well, but from what I gathered you should at least get a book as your main study source. CBTNuggets is more like a supplemental source and doesn't go that much in depth. I just ordered Wendell Odom's CCENT/CCNA Library Book Set. I also heard Todd Lammle's book is great as well.

You should also try to use a sim such as Packet Tracer. I haven't really look into any practice questions yet.

Check the FAQ sticky ;)
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do some labs on packet tracer if you have it or GNS3 with an IOS image loaded.
    Nuggets is just someting to help you to understand the overall concepts and should not be the only thing you use to be ready for the cert.

Maybe you could try some test engines to gauge yourself.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do some labs on packet tracer if you have it or GNS3 with an IOS image loaded.
    Nuggets is just someting to help you to understand the overall concepts and should not be the only thing you use to be ready for the cert.

Maybe you could try some test engines to gauge yourself.

I whole-heartedly agree. Labbing is a huge player in beating this exam. You may be asked to perform operations in a reverse fashion and sometimes you aren't given the "easy" way to accomplish a task (in comparison to configuration while first learning the subject). You'll find out these tests are straight forward and emit a sense of "you either know it or you don't".