Options

CCNA and IPv6

imstudyingimstudying Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys ive been a lurker of the forum for a little while now decided to register and contribute to the best of my knowledge icon_rolleyes.gif.... Im currently studying for my CCNA exam and i noticed a lot of IPv4 talk. Does the exam really address IPv6 or is it mainly IPv4 with a touch of IPv6 basics?

Comments

• Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep...IPv6 is part of the exam objectives. It's a good idea to go ahead and start learning it now since we are on the verge of a several year transition to IPv6. It's been in place in some parts of the world for a while and it's been gaining momentum over the last two years. Don't expect IPv4 to disappear overnight though. They will coexist for years to come.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    I figured IPv4 would stick around for a while to come still but I was just wondering how heavily tested IPv6 was. My instructor is going over very basic IPv6 and i just want to make sure im covered, if that means studying it on my own thats fine it would just be nice to know how intensive it is on the exam
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    imstudying wrote: »
    it would just be nice to know how intensive it is on the exam
    From the CCNA exam blueprint:
    • Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc).
    • Describe IPv6 addresses
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Awesome thanks.
  • Options
    greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In my opinion you might find a question or two about IPv6, so is always useful to know and don't loose points!

Btw on my exam was a question about IPv6 :)
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka