Failed again

sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
Today i gave ICND 2nd attempt and failed again with a score of 782! That was really disappointing.

This time the simulator that i had was 100 % correct coz i spent 5 mins just testing if everything is correct and every response was +ve. So i am sure it was correct.

Other questions were also not so difficult ... Still i donno whats the reason for failure!! The questions seems to be simple but i donno why cant i pass the test!!! And there is no resource to know what acutally i did wrong! it just says pass or fail and score 782!! Its like aiming at the target in dark... No clue which is the weak area... so i can improve

I think its high time to drop the CCNA idea now .... i spent heaps of money and time already...Cant manage to spent more on this stuff!! Else i will go bankrupt soon icon_sad.gif

I cannot understand one question.

It said all the ports of the of company's Head Office are full and it wants to gets connected to a remote site. Which WAN service wud u choose to connect Remote to Head Office?

Just clarifying other thing : Frame relay LMI depends on the service provider isnt it? Well i had a question with 3 routers and asked which LMI type wud u choose? How can i make the best choice?
:santa:

Comments

• UndertowUndertow Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well i had a question with 3 routers and asked which LMI type wud u choose? How can i make the best choice?

If those routers were cisco , you would use lmi-type cisco.
    So simple.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Undertow wrote:
    Well i had a question with 3 routers and asked which LMI type wud u choose? How can i make the best choice?

If those routers were cisco , you would use lmi-type cisco.
    So simple.
    Wrong.

The LMI type is NOT determined by the kind of routers you have. It is determined by the the LMI type used on the public network's (service provider's) frame relay switch. Same thing if you have a private network.

Check this
    You are right , sorry!

I am really nervous for the ICND at 28th!
    I will let you know how the exam was...
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Your score report should show the %'s you got in each of the testing domains. Those areas are where you need to focus your attention
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should study with some good practice tests that cover all of the topics. Before you even start to look at the choices you should be able to answer the question.

Read the question. Then write the answer on a piece of paper. Then compare your answer to the possible answers. If it is not close enough a match then you need to read a couple paragraphs on the Cisco website. Then try to write the answer again. Once you can formulate an answer that is a best match for one of the available choices, make your choice and move on.

With Boson it is pretty good because you can select to not display the total number of checks that are required. If you can answer those types of questions consistently then you should be pretty good for that topic.
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    Your score report should show the %'s you got in each of the testing domains. Those areas are where you need to focus your attention

The area which i have least score is troubleshooting... Although it says that the scores are not cumulative... So how is the score calculated?

Well i am focusing on troubleshooting again... And reading with another book by Kelly Caudle & Kelly Cannon (CCNA guide to cisco networking)

Can any one plz suggest some nice practice tests on troubleshooting coz i searched on Google a particular test typically has 5 questions on troubleshooting and it keeps on repeating everytime i give the test on that website or software.

I have some questions that i got from somewhere and i wud like to clarify

1) There are 4 IP address with a company and 25 PC's are to be constantly connected to the internet . What shud the company use and why?

Dynamic NAT with overload OR
    Dynamic NAT

2) There are 3 routers in a company (represented by an 0 here coz i cant use a lot of drawing here) Where should the admin place the PAT

Internet
    0(Main site)
    0(IT)
    0(Sales)

Main site has no hosts or server etc. in this case... only IT and sales have hosts etc

3) A network admin can ping but cant telnet into a router . What might be the cause?

No password for VTY lines
    Layer 2 encapsulation or Clocking problem
    ACL's misconfigured
    No cable attached to NIC card
    :santa:
    3) A network admin can ping but cant telnet into a router . What might be the cause?

No password for VTY lines
    Layer 2 encapsulation or Clocking problem
    ACL's misconfigured
    No cable attached to NIC card

This question was at the exam .
    The correct answers where two.
    no password for vty lines
    acl's misconfigured.