Just passed Capability OSA :)

Le ChiffreLe Chiffre Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello to everybody

I just subscribed to this forum, mainly to thank you all for the contribution you are giving to the "exam-sitters" community icon_smile.gif.
In fact, I used all the advice I found here for taking my first intermediate ITIL exam, that was Capability OSA.

I already owned ITIL v3 Foundations which I sit online, as I did for OSA. I passed Foundations with a score of 97% which means that I answered right to 39 questions and OSA with 88%. In this case I had 5 marks in 7 out of 8, but I failed to give th right to the last one (0 marks).

As you know, the questions are very more challenging than the two sets you find in the APMG website, and the one that I failed was a question about Request Fulfillment. The other seven were about processes, functions and technology in use on Operatioanl Support and Analysis.

Given that english is not my mothertongue, I had some difficulties on rapidly focusing to the scenarios, and as a result I nearly ran out of time. That is the reason, I think, for the fact that I failed the last question - I had no time to think about the right answer.

This is all for now. The next certification I am thinking to start studying to is PPO.

Thank you again for your help icon_smile.gif

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Le Chiffre wrote: »
    Hello to everybody

I just subscribed to this forum, mainly to thank you all for the contribution you are giving to the "exam-sitters" community icon_smile.gif.
    In fact, I used all the advice I found here for taking my first intermediate ITIL exam, that was Capability OSA.

I already owned ITIL v3 Foundations which I sit online, as I did for OSA. I passed Foundations with a score of 97% which means that I answered right to 39 questions and OSA with 88%. In this case I had 5 marks in 7 out of 8, but I failed to give th right to the last one (0 marks).

As you know, the questions are very more challenging than the two sets you find in the APMG website, and the one that I failed was a question about Request Fulfillment. The other seven were about processes, functions and technology in use on Operatioanl Support and Analysis.

Given that english is not my mothertongue, I had some difficulties on rapidly focusing to the scenarios, and as a result I nearly ran out of time. That is the reason, I think, for the fact that I failed the last question - I had no time to think about the right answer.

This is all for now. The next certification I am thinking to start studying to is PPO.

Thank you again for your help icon_smile.gif

It is a tough one. Gratz on the pass and good luck on PPO.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on both passes and good luck on your next exam.

Your foundation score puts you in elite company. From what I've seen I'd say it's around 1 in 100 that gets a 39 on the exam, and about 1 in 1000 that gets a 40. These are unofficial numbers; they're what I've gleaned from reviewing the score reports.

IMO, PPO is about the same level of difficulty as OSA. The Capability Stream exams are tough, but not as tough as some of the Lifecycle Stream exams. Not to diminish your accomplishment, but OSA and PPO seemed to me to be the easiest of the Capability exams, with RCV I think being the toughest.

MS
  • Le ChiffreLe Chiffre Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks both for congrats and tips :)

I would like to achieve ITIL Expert certification and these are the exams I am thinking to take:

Foundations (done)
    Operational Support and Analysis (done)

Release Control and Validation
    Planning, Protection and Optimization
    Service Design

Managing Across the Life Cycle

I do not know how much time it will take, but I will try to sit an exam every three to four months. icon_study.gif
    Thanks both for congrats and tips :)

I would like to achieve ITIL Expert certification and these are the exams I am thinking to take:

Foundations (done)

Service Design

I do not know how much time it will take, but I will try to sit an exam every three to four months. icon_study.gif

If your goal is to get the Expert, then you can drop Design from your list. Once you complete all 4 capability courses and the MALC, then you'll have enough credits to get you there.

MS
  • Le ChiffreLe Chiffre Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks eMeS
    I think I did a mistake. I typed twice "Release Control and Validation".
    In fact I do not intend to take SOA but SD. This is the right list:

Foundations (done)

Service Design

What do you think?
    Thanks eMeS
    I think I did a mistake. I typed twice "Release Control and Validation".
    In fact I do not intend to take SOA but SD. This is the right list:

Foundations (done)

Service Design

What do you think?

I think it will give you 22 credits and get you to Expert. Really in the big scheme of things it's somewhat irrelevant which classes one takes to get the 22 credits.

MS