How do you get your certificate?

NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
This is my first certification, so Im not sure of the process on how you get the certificate, and when you can officially declare yourself certified. Now that I have passed the CCNA, how do I go about getting the actual certificate, and when can I actually declare I am CCNA certified?

Comments

• johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    In anyones book you are a CCNA, unless your just lying to us :D JK

Start here -

https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCisco%2fDefault.aspx
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    I tried that. I took the INTRO over a month ago, and I have still not been issued a Cisco ID. I tried using my registration number but it seems they havent downloaded the information for either of my tests yet. Or maybe Im doing something wrong?
    have you been able to create a logon? Your testing ID will be your social securiyt if you tested at prometric. I dont think it shows the Intro as being completed, cause its not a cert. It can take up to 10 days to get the results updated to the site, and believe me, if there is one corporation that moves slow with website access and site updates, its Cisco.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
    hmm, I just check and it shows my Intro on there as complete....

If you have been able to login to the Tracking System and its still not showing your Intro, call Tracking Access, I believe there is a number in the Tracking Access outline pdf.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    I did use Prometric, but its asking for my registration number. I tried the registration numbers for both tests and it says it doesnt have information for either. I guess Ill make the call tomorrow >.<
    so you tried you social security number for the testing ID correct?
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Erm, dunno when Prometric started that, as I'm pretty sure it's illegal (at least, it is in Georgia... all the schools that were using SS#'s as student ID's had to change to something else), but my Prometric testing ID starts with SR followed by some ungodly string of numbers that I have to enter to get into the cert site.

But yeah, once you can login with that, you just have to fulfill the order. How long ago did you pass? If it's been more than a couple weeks, definetly call. I think they say it may take up to 10 days for your results to get back, though they've usually got mine posted within 2.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I just noticed that your posted yesterday that you passed it. Cisco probably doesn't have your results yet. Read your test report, it should warn you that it does take some time for your results to be posted to the vendor. Give it a couple days, and if you still can't login to the site, then bother Prometric
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
    My testing ID is my soc, but its also been my testing ID for over 10 years now. He passed the intro a month ago or so, he should be able to see that once he logs in. Just needs his prometric testing ID.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I first started testing I was doing SUN and Cisco certs. I ended up with two different prometric IDs. I called them and they merged my accounts under a single self-chosen logon.

You should call prometric and tell them since they are the ones who actually update results and user IDs on the cisco certmanager website.