Options

70-297 and NT4.0

MattMcNabbMattMcNabb Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am taking the 297 this Friday afternoon and have a question for anyone who has taken it recently. Are there many questions relating to Migrating/Upgrading NT4.0 domains? I have the SelftestSoftware module for this and it is really heavy on NT upgrade questions. I feel comfortable with the basic facts involving NT upgrades but since I have never dealt directly with it I am not sure how well I will do if asked about any deeper design issues.
“It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    NT4 migrations are a major topic on the exam. One of my many complaints about the 297 was the heavy focus on NT in the exam while the MS Press training kit spends only one page on the topic. If you are looking for one thing to study hard today, go with NT4 migrations.

When you take the live exam, I recommend you read (and possibly answer) the questions before you read the case study. I believe the case studies are written such that they can ask 30 questions about them but you only see 10 or so. There is a lot of information you can ignore while the information you need isn't always where you expect it to be. Reading the questions first helps make sure you are looking for the right information.
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    NT4 migrations are a major topic on the exam. One of my many complaints about the 297 was the heavy focus on NT in the exam while the MS Press training kit spends only one page on the topic. If you are looking for one thing to study hard today, go with NT4 migrations.

When you take the live exam, I recommend you read (and possibly answer) the questions before you read the case study. I believe the case studies are written such that they can ask 30 questions about them but you only see 10 or so. There is a lot of information you can ignore while the information you need isn't always where you expect it to be. Reading the questions first helps make sure you are looking for the right information.

Thanks that sounds like solid advice.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    To cover the NT4 stuff I went back to the Windows 2000 training kits. I think the migrations etc were covered much better there. And the materials are basically free secondhand.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies all, I passed! icon_cheers.gif It was a pretty difficult exam and had more scenarios than I expected (8!). I only got a 733 but I am plenty happy with that. I felt the questions related to NT migrations were not too in depth and only required a basic knowledge of the concepts involved.