Passed QoS!

Yep, I got it :)

Took two attempts, but I got it. It's almost tradition for me to fail the first time.

In terms of resources, I used the certification guide by Odom, and the Cisco Partner E-Learning resources. I did briefly run over the CBT Nuggets, but I found them a little light on information so didn't use them as much.

My tips for people are twofold. One, don't take the QoS Best Practices lightly, I won't go into specifics but needless to say if you skip that, you are setting yourself up for failure (like I did first time...). Also, QPPB (QoS Policy Propagation via BGP) is not mentioned on the exam objectives, but it is included in the exam so try and work on that too.

Now its on to BGP!
Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job man!

I know what you mean about he CBTNuggets being light. I finished those the other day and supplemented them with the ONT videos. And still when I picked up the book I was finding a great deal of important information not covered. I really felt like Jeremy phoned QoS in. Especially compared to how good he does in other video series.

I was planning on taking a crack at this at the end of the month myself just to see if I could pass it.

How long did it take you to pass?
    -Daniel
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips, unfortunatly i'm just 5 hours away of taking the exam and i have a course at 12!! I hope i can have a good questions draw!! :)

Did i say, Congrats on the pass :)
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Good job man!

I know what you mean about he CBTNuggets being light. I finished those the other day and supplemented them with the ONT videos. And still when I picked up the book I was finding a great deal of important information not covered. I really felt like Jeremy phoned QoS in. Especially compared to how good he does in other video series.

I was planning on taking a crack at this at the end of the month myself just to see if I could pass it.

How long did it take you to pass?

I started studying in earnest last November, but I've had a horrible couple of months so I've lost about 4 or 5 weeks of time in the meantime. I'd say it took about 2-3 months of studying and 2 attempts in 2 weeks to pass.

• jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    congratulations man. It is a good test, and will make you a more rounded engineer in the end. It also is a good one to have under your belt if you decide to go after an IE.
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Yeah, half my plan with the CCIP is IE prep. Once I've done the CCIP its full steam ahead for the written.

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass

icon_thumright.gif
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS my friend on the QoS accomplishment.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Seems a lot of us going for the QoS exam right now :)
    Guess why!