I'm gearing up for the 70-640.

1. How many questions can I expect ?

2. What is the passing score ?

3. How difficult is the exam ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    1. How many questions can I expect ? Cant answer this since I did the 83-640, which had 28 multiple choice questions and 3 sims.

2. What is the passing score ?
    Most if not all Microsoft exams have 700 as the pass score.

3. How difficult is the exam ? How well can you drive a car? Depends on your experience, right? So the exam is hard/easy depending on your experience with the material. Have you worked with 2008? Have you labbed enough? The exam is not hard if you know Active Directory.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can get up to 65 questions and could be more, you migh get study cases as well up to 4 and maybe more each has 6-12 questions.

There is no rule though, I wouldn't worry about it though if you study and lab well it will not really matter whether you have 10 or 100 questions.

I didn't find the exam hard but I have good experience.
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Since this is feedback for the 70-640 exam, and if it's not too rude, I'd like to get feedback on practice exams if I may.

Currently I'm studying for the exam, I've finished the Microsoft Press book (including labs), I'm now using the Exam Cram book, and taking the practice tests from Measure Up that comes with the books.

I'm considering purchasing an additional practice test and I'm looking at Measure Up as well as Kaplan Self Test and Transcender.

If anyone has input on these, particularly in regards to how closely they resemble the actual test experience (the way the questions are formatted, etc), I'm most grateful. Although I've been in IT for 15 years, this is my first ever attempt at certs, and my test taking skills are rusty to say the least!