Back in it for one last push

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
Well, I'm back. I have decided to rededicate myself to passing the CCIE lab. I just accepted a job with a Cisco Partner in the STL area. With the new job, they really want me to pass the CCIE lab and get my number, so they can become a Gold Partner. So much, that they are willing to pay for my attempts, travel and hotel each time. And when I pass, a major increase in salary will follow.

How can you say no to that? I can't and that is why I'm back to give my final push towards the CCIE and finish what I have started.

Can't wait to work for a Cisco partner. Looks like I'll be doing a little of everything from VOIP, Security, Wireless, Storage, R&S and Virtualization.

So, I'm back and more determined than ever, especially now that passing will secure a huge increase in salary.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Thats what up. Finally getting off the DISA plantation.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    That sounds awesome. Congrats and good luck.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    May you have all the luck you need for the lab. But I've heard at this level it's not luck that'll get you over the line, but the number of hours you poured into preparing for it. I know you have put in the hard yards mate, I have seen some of those youtube videos of yours. Go get it!!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the new gig... best of luck to you on the IE study prep!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    thanks for all the positive feedback guys, it really helps. Yeah, I am done with DISA for now. It was a great place to learn the service provider (WAN) side of things, but now I want to focus more on the LAN side.

I'll keep you all posted with updates with the studying.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, I'm back. I have decided to rededicate myself to passing the CCIE lab. I just accepted a job with a Cisco Partner in the STL area. With the new job, they really want me to pass the CCIE lab and get my number, so they can become a Gold Partner. So much, that they are willing to pay for my attempts, travel and hotel each time. And when I pass, a major increase in salary will follow.

How can you say no to that? I can't and that is why I'm back to give my final push towards the CCIE and finish what I have started.

Can't wait to work for a Cisco partner. Looks like I'll be doing a little of everything from VOIP, Security, Wireless, Storage, R&S and Virtualization.

So, I'm back and more determined than ever, especially now that passing will secure a huge increase in salary.

Sounds like a good gig. I recall a guy years back who got the employer incentive to pass the lab. He studied on the company dollar on company time with everything paid for. I think it took him four attempts to clear but he got there. However he left the company before completing because he didnt see eye to eye with a new boss because of the time it was taking him to complete and the company cost incurred. So set expectations properly!

Make sure the employer gives you plenty of time on works time to do the studies. Learning materials are not much help if you are flat out at work and have no time to use them. If your studies drag out the ill informed may start to whine about you, so ensure you get some company study time in there in between designing solutions for customers!

Congratulations on the new job!
    Turgon wrote: »
    Sounds like a good gig. I recall a guy years back who got the employer incentive to pass the lab. He studied on the company dollar on company time with everything paid for. I think it took him four attempts to clear but he got there. However he left the company before completing because he didnt see eye to eye with a new boss because of the time it was taking him to complete and the company cost incurred. So set expectations properly!

Make sure the employer gives you plenty of time on works time to do the studies. Learning materials are not much help if you are flat out at work and have no time to use them. If your studies drag out the ill informed may start to whine about you, so ensure you get some company study time in there in between designing solutions for customers!

Congratulations on the new job!

very well written. I will take this advice and use it the best I can. I definitely agree with you here. he seems like he really wants me to pass ASAP, so like you said if thats the case well then I should expect a little time to study. Also, maybe the week before take off to do a few mock labs and brush up before the big day.

Thanks again for the support!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have a friend who works at your location with the same exact title.

Small world.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    <--- slightly envious

Awesome gig!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very awesome. Good luck in your journeys!
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    dude, what are you gonna do when you pass your CCIE? your whole screen name will be wrecked!
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    dude, what are you gonna do when you pass your CCIE? your whole screen name will be wrecked!

He will have icon_wm.gif change it to just CCIE. He will be a legend in all of the TE land.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    You will do it. No doubt about that. I see your dedication in your twitter feeds and that will put you to the top :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
    thanks guys. I have found my motivation again to get the CCIE. I think a month off after the first attempt really made me think about my life goals and what I want to do. I was a bit bummed about failing, but it is a learning process and I am ready to restructure and start again!
  • BGPBGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    awesome good luck and I hope the best for u .
  • CCIE2BCCIE2B Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man I am happy to see you back in it. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    Mike-Mike wrote: »

He'll change it to CCIEAM. Best of luck on your studies and preparation. You'll get tons of experience working for a partner which is a major plus.
    thanks guys. I have found my motivation again to get the CCIE. I think a month off after the first attempt really made me think about my life goals and what I want to do. I was a bit bummed about failing, but it is a learning process and I am ready to restructure and start again!

How is the new job going and the CCIE studies?
    new job is good. thanks for asking. doing alot of voip, wireless and maybe even some waas. it is pretty cool so far. will be heading back to RTP soon, but the bossman needs to schedule it for me. So, earliest is February I think right now. I don't know.

It's alot different than the way the gov't does business, thats for sure. the more $$ you make for the company, the better off you are. so it is a big change, and a good one at that!

and working for a cisco partner gives you access to alot of different material. my boss wants me to take some data center/storage exams soon. so yeah, they are definitely pushing me to better myself.

So we'll see. Hope you guys are doing well too! Thanks for asking
    any update on your lab plans?
    Turgon wrote: »
    any update on your lab plans?

Taking the lab Next Wednesday, Feb 9th in San Jose, CA. Just finished up on INE Vol 1 IPv6 and going to try to finish Security and MPLS/MPLS VPN's this weekend.

I'll let you all know how it goes next week...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Taking the lab Next Wednesday, Feb 9th in San Jose, CA. Just finished up on INE Vol 1 IPv6 and going to try to finish Security and MPLS/MPLS VPN's this weekend.

I'll let you all know how it goes next week...

Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Next Wednesday
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! We should have great weather here for you next week. Not that you will notice, though. icon_smile.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Best of luck :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on job and good luck!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck man! I'm jealous that your company is taking care of you like that.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Here is hoping that you return carrying your Spartan shield. Best of luck as if luck had anything to do with it. You will win because it is your time; amirite :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The very best of luck to you mate, go get that number. With all the work you've poured into it, you'll get it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com