How long does it take to completed an IT degree?

DNSMatrixDNSMatrix Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a parttime Electrical Engineering student but now i'm seeking for another career which it's IT. I know there are a lot of people from this community been thru. Anyone has any suggestions or advice for me?

Appreciate for your helps.

Comments

• tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did my BS IT in about 2 years. I already had all of my lower division credits and an AS in Math & Technology. I have 2 more classes until I get get my MBA in Technology Management. So all together I will have spent about 5.5 years in school.

A hard-science degree is good but you need to add some management, program management, or business education to actually get to a point where you get stock options and have an actual say in where and how a company will use technology. Or you could invest even more years and hope that you will one day get promoted to a higher position. I have been in the IT field for 9 years and have not stopped studying yet. With technology you will never stop studying, because when you do, you fall behind the competition.
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    there are many online schools that let you transfer in all of your credits and finish a degree in IT fast. Yes they are accredited. Harvard ALM has an online degree!!!!!!!

go to this site http://www.degreeinfo.com

the forum has TONS of people talking about every kind of degree done online all the way up to PHD and JD.

AIU (expensive) can do a bachelors in like 14 months and a masters in 8 to 10 months of intese studying.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • moronbrosmoronbros Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a degree from DeVry University, and even though they are the kings of popups and advertising, their instruction is second to none. I got an accredited B.S. degree in network management in 3 years, 8 months and I am rockin now. Forget ITT, that short-tern crap doesn't work in this world. 4-year degrees are the way to go.
    Bill
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITT has bachelors also though? I am going to ITT now. Why did you think they do not have bachelors degrees?
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller