Options

Listing short contracts on resume

strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys.

I am at the point where my resume is getting a bit long and I would like to trim it down. This is mainly because I have quite a few short contracts ranging from 1month to 6 months. This is in between a few 2 years jobs where my bulk of experience and skills come from.

So my question is how do you present these on your resume. I don't want to leave them out as it will leave gaps in my resume but if I keep building on them they will blow my resume out to much.

Anyone here with the same issue and found a resolution for it?

Comments

• Options
    goasakawagoasakawa Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My mentor told me "IT" resumes should be long (yet simple, relevant and sweet). Short ones will hurt you (unless it lists everything but with a lot of experience it will be hard fitting it on one page).

Ive found that listing all my longterm and short term jobs have brought me more opportunities and more calls from companies since they have had the opportunity to see the scope of my experience. But Im more of the 'contract worker' so I list my jobs, the outcome or what ive accomplished and the proj. manager. (If consulting then i just make a simple portfolio)

As far as other 'technical' related jobs ... Id just list whats relevant. The actuall application is the form that usually asks for your lifes history and other fbi stuff. The resume is just to get you in the door.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i generally try to not use any short contracts those under 2 weeks. on average the more u have done the longer your resume will be..i have been in IT field 5 years and have changed jobs and worked contracts. my resume is currently 3 pages most of which the first page is all skills and education. the rest is experience
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    strauchr wrote:
    Hi Guys.

I am at the point where my resume is getting a bit long and I would like to trim it down. This is mainly because I have quite a few short contracts ranging from 1month to 6 months.

pick some of the most important role you have in that range.. :)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.