Remote Administration Proggy

jesseou812jesseou812 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am looking for a freeware or open source program similar to visionapp or Royal TS (Remote Desktop Client | Royal TS).

Been using the plain old remote desktop and it's getting pretty old typing out ip addys.

Came here for help for certs so I figure you guys/gals have already been there, done that.

What do all of you use?

Comments

• michaelcoxmichaelcox Member Posts: 105
    I use LogMeIn quite a bit.

Courses Completed at WGU ( 8 ):
    Term 1 (April 2011): EWB2, WSV1, BRV1, BSV1 | Term 2 (October 2011): LET1, ORC1 | Term 3 (April 2012): MGC1, TPV1
    Courses Required Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC ( 8 ):
    BOV1, KET1, WDV1, KFT1, ABV1, TWA1, BLV1, CPW4
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    jesseou812 wrote: »
    I am looking for a freeware or open source program similar to visionapp or Royal TS (Remote Desktop Client | Royal TS).

Been using the plain old remote desktop and it's getting pretty old typing out ip addys.

Came here for help for certs so I figure you guys/gals have already been there, done that.

What do all of you use?

Are you using linux or windows? If windows, what version? Microsoft has a free mmc that has a simple rdp snap-in that let's you add hosts with options. I use it to connect to all my servers.

Remote Desktops MMC Snap-In from Windows Server 2003 Administrative Tools
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    If RDP works fine but you don't like typing out addys, make a custom MMC console with all your machines already in there, save it and use it over and over.

start > run > mmc
    file > add remove snap in
    find remote desktop
    add computers
    file > save .msc file

Edit: Yeah, what phoeneous said. Beat me by 2 mins :)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    Edit: Yeah, what phoeneous said. Beat me by 2 mins :)

:)

Plus having that mmc is useful because you can add all your other snap-ins and then everything is in one window. I have AD, DNS, DHCP, and RDP in my mmc.
  • BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jesseou812 wrote: »

What do all of you use?

How Sysadmins RDP efficiently using Remote Desktop Connection Manager | Sysadmin Lab
    dulce bellum inexpertis
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Here's what I use for keeping a bunch of different sites organized:
    mRemoteNG
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Remote desktop if you want something built in to windows.

LogMeIn free version if you want something better. I've used the free and several pro versions and have been happy with them.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My favorite tool is MRemote Main Page - mRemote.

Does RDP, VNC, ICA, SSH, Telnet, HTTPS, Rlogin and RAW.
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    My favorite tool is MRemote Main Page - mRemote.

Does RDP, VNC, ICA, SSH, Telnet, HTTPS, Rlogin and RAW.

Yep Love Mremote too, great for multiple sessions with mixed oses.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    This isnt freeware but I have been very pleased with the program (maybe not QUITE so much the developers/customer service, but what can ya do).

Radmin

It's one of the only solutions i found that supports multiple monitors, and we have some users that have 4 screens in our environment.