Passed today, some thoughts...

Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
I scored a rather unimpressive 822/900, but a pass is a pass, etc.

With regards to study material, I relied solely on the ILT CompTIA book. I used the Certblaster practice exams and I took the Skillsoft exams for each of the sections (I didn't use their material, just the practice tests).

What I will say to anyone taking this, especially those taking it through WGU, is to not expect to have all the material you need covered by the ILT book. There were several (10-12) questions on my exam that were absolutely not even touched by the ILT book. Not a big deal if you know the rest of the information, but could be a dealbreaker if you're a little unsure of the material it does cover.

As for pointers, I would say to make sure you know the names of the specific documents used for each life-cycle phase and what elements are included in those documents (project charter vs scope document, etc). Also, don't get too hung up on the EV formulas. You need to understand how they're calculated, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it.

Having worked in manufacturing around new product launches (automotive) for over a decade, most of this was already very familiar, but the material is definitely not the most exciting thing in the world to study.

Anyway, good luck to those taking this.

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well Done, HE! Well Done!

Congratulations. icon_thumright.gif

(You know....in this context, it's supposed to be Your Excellency, since I'm talking to you directly......lol....I've just realized this now...but I'm not a British Subject or Citizen, so I guess it's ok.... :D ).

In any event, well done, Your Excellency!! LOL.
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It's all good, I'm not British either. I think I explained before, but the nickname was sarcastically given over a rather involved Excel incident that I was never allowed to live down...such is the joy of loving coworkers. icon_wink.gif

I just realized, this exam marks the end of CompTIA for me, so I guess that's something of a milestone (pardon the pun, har har). I may revisit it later for Linux, as I have hardly any practical experience in Linux and the + cert might be a good place to start.
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gratz on the pass ...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz! I am getting ready to take the exam soon, the milestone pun made me laugh. Good luck on future studies.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    I just realized, this exam marks the end of CompTIA for me, so I guess that's something of a milestone (pardon the pun, har har). I may revisit it later for Linux, as I have hardly any practical experience in Linux and the + cert might be a good place to start.

I believe it is 80% the same for me......it is possible, though unlikely, that I took would take Server+ or even Penguin+. icon_razz.gif But four CompTIAs should be good enough for my *lifetime*. (Pardon that pun....)