Options

Device Mobility

Hi,
I dont suppose anybody has an easier clear way to explain how Device Mobility works do they? Or links to a handy guide?

Thanks
Nick

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I dont suppose anybody has an easier clear
    way to explain how Device Mobility works do they?

Easier clear way? icon_lol.gif

If this voice thing doesn't work out for you, you may have a future in stand up comedy. icon_lol.gif

Or links to a handy guide?
    I used this SRND -- Cisco Unified Communications SRND Based on Cisco Unified CallManager 4.x - Device Mobility [Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)] - Cisco Systems -- but there should be an SRND for which ever versions of Unified Communications software you're using that should include Device Mobility. I thought this did a pretty good job of explaining and diagramming the issues and solutions when I did the CCVP,
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I guess I can break it down

you have different DMI(device mobility info) which are basiclly subnets you setup for your system.

When your phone is ins a different DMI it will update Device pool Param's execpt for CSS

Then you have Device mobility group(think global). If its the same the CSS changes to use the gateway and plan of the location.

If its different it keeps the same CSS.

Hope that didn't confuse you. Its a bit more to it, but that's the jist.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    haha thanks Mike, "Thank-You, Thank-You, Im here all week".
    I will check the SRND guides out.

Shodown that ties in with what I thought was right so makes sense. I think I must have over-studied last night and hit that chapter and my brain just burnt out.

Hopefully it will make sense later on today, im spending the whole day labbing at a training centre, so I can mock something up and see it with my own eyes. Always helps.

Cheers all