Options

Passed 70-649

Well I used my second shot today to retake the 70-649 exam. It was the same format as the first attempt - 70 questions with 25 each for 70-623 and 70-643 and 20 questions for 70-640. Overall this exam was VERY similar to my first attempt. Scores were:

70-640 781
70-642 775
70-643 809

Overall it seemed to cover most areas equally with coverage of the following:

AD FS
AD RMS
AD LDS
RODC
Monitoring
DirectAccess
BranchCache
Web
Remote Desktop Services (formerly TS)
VPN
HYPER-V

I would still recommend to anyone that has their company pay for the tests to take the 3 tests separately - this exam was just a pain with the small number of questions and with the changes for 2008 R2. It was hard to find any good test materials for the 2008 R2 info.

There were also a couple of VERY weird questions that did not seem to match any criteria for this exam. I guess that's Microsoft's way of keeping you from getting a 1000?

Well, now it's on to 70-647 and then 70-680 and my MCITP:EA.

Good luck to all that attempt this exam.

Comments

• Options
    Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations for the pass!

What training material did you use for the exam?
    WIP (Q2 - 2012):
    Undecided
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I used the MS Press book along with the Unleashed R2 book. I also used the Transcender test along with the CD that came with the MS Press book.

I also looked on the Microsoft web site and brushed up greatly on the 2008 R2 stuff.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    70-647 shouldn't be too rough for you as all the stuff is still fresh in your head. Good luck on the upcoming exams.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.