Lab attempts

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
CCIEWANNABE is in San Jose today on his second attempt. Im sure everyone wishes him luck. I think only 6 or 7 regulars have passed the lab in recent years so it's quite a prize!

Comments

• gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Excellent! Best of luck to him.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    Bring that # back :)
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I hope he brings the bacon (#). Unless he's jewish, then he probably wont be interested in bacon.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've got everything crossed..........
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    gorebrush wrote: »
    I hope he brings the bacon (#). Unless he's jewish, then he probably wont be interested in bacon.
    LMBO!

Yeah CCIEWANNABE, we are pushing for you man. Bring that number home for the team..
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Good luck CCIEWANNABE.... I sincerely hope that this is your time.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    22 minutes until the "start time" -- should be signed in and waiting in the lobby for the proctor to collect the candidates..... (or frantically fighting traffic to get there).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck!
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Good Luck
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    said in my best Rob Schneider imitation "You can do it!"
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck (again :) ).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's the word!? I'm getting nervous!
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    well, passed troubleshooting, failed config...

thanks guys for all your support, it really means alot to me to know i have people pushing for me to pass.

gonna go home, go through my weak areas until they become strong areas and then re-attempt the lab again soon.

not giving up...
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    well, passed troubleshooting, failed config...

thanks guys for all your support, it really means alot to me to know i have people pushing for me to pass.

gonna go home, go through my weak areas until they become strong areas and then re-attempt the lab again soon.

not giving up...

Sorry to hear that man. It's discouraging for everyone as you put a lot of prep time in there. But the exam is elusive. The best engineer I have worked with took three attempts so better luck next time. The failure rate for this exam is truly appalling.
  • avladavlad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry for not passing this time,
    good luck on your next attempt.

I consider that challenging the exam it's a pass by itself.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just a practice run! Good luck on the next go.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Sorry to hear that. Thought you would get it this time. Better luck next time!
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Too Close to turn back now. Keep going foward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    almost! never give up! im pump up, i feel like i took the test
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Like everyone else said, you're truly one of the inspirations on these forums. No shame in failing the CCIE Lab, since almost everyone does. As said before, I have met and talked with some insanely intelligent people when it comes to Cisco technologies but who fail their lab. Keep on keeping on!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    chmorin wrote: »
    Like everyone else said, you're truly one of the inspirations on these forums. No shame in failing the CCIE Lab, since almost everyone does. As said before, I have met and talked with some insanely intelligent people when it comes to Cisco technologies but who fail their lab. Keep on keeping on!

I know one vendor instructor who is either preparing CCIE R&S bootcamp materials or teaching it all week who took three punts to clear it. So that's a lot of relevant exposure day to day. My day is full of meetings and paperwork with some config thrown in. The exam is an animal. Passable but an animal nontheless. Many fine engineers take multiple shots. Even with lots of prep time going in you need some luck on the day. Same with any test.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    yeah, i understand i have to do the time and the key is to not give up. Cisco wants you to give up. they want to take advantage of your weakness and make you quit, kinda like the special forces instructors, "why are you here? you are weak, go home."

Alot of people quit after a few attempts, but for me failing just adds fuel to the fire and will make passing that much more sweet.

Its pretty funny because at lunch time I talked to a guy who was taking it for his 5th attempt. I didn't get to talk to him after the lab was over, but I was on the same flight with him to denver and sat in the row next to him.

I asked him the million dollar ? and he said he found out the night of the exam that he passed. After that we talked for most the flight to denver and his story was truly insipiring and exactly what i needed to hear to keep on going.

His story was almost identical to mine and to hear and see him go through it and reach the light at the end of the tunnel was impressive.

I am now taking my studying to the next level... going into hyper mode..

back to INE Volume 1 MPLS VPN section and then on to QoS.

Thanks again to everyone for your feedback! I am going to try and go back next month and then every month or two until I pass...
  • SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    Keep at it, you know once you have made the decision that's it.
    Just a matter of time until its yours.
    yeah, i understand i have to do the time and the key is to not give up. Cisco wants you to give up. they want to take advantage of your weakness and make you quit, kinda like the special forces instructors, "why are you here? you are weak, go home."

Alot of people quit after a few attempts, but for me failing just adds fuel to the fire and will make passing that much more sweet.

Its pretty funny because at lunch time I talked to a guy who was taking it for his 5th attempt. I didn't get to talk to him after the lab was over, but I was on the same flight with him to denver and sat in the row next to him.

I asked him the million dollar ? and he said he found out the night of the exam that he passed. After that we talked for most the flight to denver and his story was truly insipiring and exactly what i needed to hear to keep on going.

His story was almost identical to mine and to hear and see him go through it and reach the light at the end of the tunnel was impressive.

I am now taking my studying to the next level... going into hyper mode..

back to INE Volume 1 MPLS VPN section and then on to QoS.

Thanks again to everyone for your feedback! I am going to try and go back next month and then every month or two until I pass...

The number of first time passers has certainly slackened since we moved to lab v4 ;) Before the change we had an insane 300 a month sailing through I think. Stick at it. I have worked with some excellent CCIE's and non of them passed first time.
  • Dave88LXDave88LX Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon -- "We"? Do you work for Cisco, or are you part of the certification process? Just curious.

Good luck with the exam man. I've heard the same thing as everyone else said...PITA and takes a few tries.
    Dave88LX wrote: »
    Turgon -- "We"? Do you work for Cisco, or are you part of the certification process? Just curious.

Good luck with the exam man. I've heard the same thing as everyone else said...PITA and takes a few tries.

Just the process! Cheers
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never Never Never give up - Winston Churchill
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com