70-433 scheduled for tomorrow

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I've been reviewing like crazy. I figure if I fail this I can at least take some good from it and give it another go.

Anyway this is going to be a close one (hopefully). Wish me luck.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Please let us know how you do. I may just decide to take this regardless of my current objectives if you say it was relatively painless. I'm excited for you!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Please let us know how you do. I may just decide to take this regardless of my current objectives if you say it was relatively painless. I'm excited for you!

Robert I will post as soon as I get back.

I am hoping my previous knowledge (academic mostly) will get me through this exam. I did go through the MS press book for the most part, so I am hoping I can at least pass with a decent score.

Robert do you think getting this exam will help my chances of getting an business, data, and or application analyst position? They seem to really want the individual to have a high level of excel, access, and SQL.

I am hoping to do the lower level business intelligence one, once/if I pass this exam.
    N2IT wrote: »
    Robert I will post as soon as I get back.

I am hoping my previous knowledge (academic mostly) will get me through this exam. I did go through the MS press book for the most part, so I am hoping I can at least pass with a decent score.

Robert do you think getting this exam will help my chances of getting an business, data, and or application analyst position? They seem to really want the individual to have a high level of excel, access, and SQL.

I am hoping to do the lower level business intelligence one, once/if I pass this exam.

I would say so. Have you started participating in your local PASS chapter? Mine has been having tons of BI related lectures of late.
    I would say so. Have you started participating in your local PASS chapter? Mine has been having tons of BI related lectures of late.

I'll check it out. Again thanks for the useful information
    Failed the exam. 520 was my ending score and I needed 700 to pass. All I will say is XML.

Very disappointed but that's the way it goes. I went through the best I could on short notice. I think I will go over the whole book this time and make sure I study my arse off on XML.
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. What did your score report look like?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear that. Just treat that as a practice test so you know more of what you need to study for next time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. What did your score report look like?

It looked like I either knew it or I had no clue to be honest. It was either near the top or the bottom. No middle ground.

Views and Indexes I scored perfect on everything else I missed 1-2 at least.

XML was just a complete joke.
    earweed wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Just treat that as a practice test so you know more of what you need to study for next time.

Yeah I am going to give it another go.

Does MS do second chances? I used the voucher in my MS book 15% off. I was wondering if they would give me another go in 2-3 weeks
    I am going to read the book and make sure to focus on my weak areas. I actually struggled with some of the querying as well. The subqueries blasted me a little. Some of the functions that they wanted me to use were completely foreign to me.
    Broke out 70-433 again today. I was going through my ITIL ST training and decided to take a break and work with some technology. I am not sure how soon I can get through the training since work is crazy plus having a family and already studying for ITIL ST.

The passion is still there. Hopefully I can get some momentum and nail this thing.
    I'm trying to force myself to get back into getting a few certs... I feel you with the work/family thing...
    I'm trying to force myself to get back into getting a few certs... I feel you with the work/family thing...

Glad someone relates to me! :)

I've got about 10 things lined up for this year. Honestly if I hit 2 of them I would be estatic :)

ITIL ST and SQL being two of them.
  • ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    how do you guy's find all this time to study? i have a hard time just doing one cert per year and it looks like this year I won't be getting any. I will however, be getting my AA in Tech Support and a microcomputer support specalist certificate. I guess that counts.

Goo luck on the exam!
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□

Right there with you brother...
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • sdyson31sdyson31 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    did you pass the exam?