Failed 299 again

I retook the 299 again today and made a 571 which is almost 200 points higher than last time but it's not enough. All my bars were over 50%. The questions were for the most part friendlier than the last. I think I'm getting tripped up on some of the scenarios that are non-standard in most environments due to the Security Policy in the scenarios. I'm not sure the way to word that thought, but if you know what I'm talking about, please PM me with some advice. I think the number of questions being 35 is hurting me too since each question counts more.

I've used the MS Press book and measureup questions included, CBTNuggets, UCertify questions, 298 Sybex book, and some free online resources. If you have any other suggestions on what to look at, let me know. I did very well on the Ucertify questions but I still have trouble with the measureup ones. Is the Transcender for this exam very helpful? Has anyone taken the 70-351 and was that more straightforward? I'm also thinking about just getting the SSCP later this year and using that for the other elective. Thoughts? Thank you for any info or advice.

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. As you said, With a lower question total, each one counts.
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    JBrown wrote: »
    I had the same problem, had to pick up Brian Komar's book on PKI. http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-security/56046-passed-299-3rd-try.html

I think I'm okay on PKI, but I still missed some so the book might be worthwhile. I'm getting screwed on the SUS and IPSec questions where the Security Requirements in the scenario require a non-standard configuration. I would give some examples, but that would violate the NDA. I scored the highest on the Network Communications section, around 80%, then PKI and Patch Management were at about 55% and Security Policies were 54%.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yikes. What do you think about Transcender? They usually have questions as hard or harder than the real thing. I've learned many things from them.

Good luck!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    I actually picked up Komar's book and flipped through it for the 293. Looks to be pretty good.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Yikes. What do you think about Transcender? They usually have questions as hard or harder than the real thing. I've learned many things from them.

Good luck!

I haven't tried the Transcender. for this one, but I did Ucertify's. Since the second shot is still going on, I think I'm going to try to retake it once without it after looking at the Chapters in JBrown's link and the Komar book. I'm switching gears to the 284 now for the Messaging Specialization.
    Any update on this? You knocked the 298 down already, didn't you?
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Any update on this? You knocked the 298 down already, didn't you?

Yes, I knocked down the 298. I'm working on the Exchange Exams right now, 284 and 285, and am reading the Certificates Book slowly. I'm going to take the 284 Monday and the 285 a week or two later since they expire at the end of March. After that, I was going to hit the 299 again.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry you didn't pass you'll get it next time!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63